Savior | Chapter Thirty-Five

[A/N: okay in this story Drista's 'real name' is going to be Alexis. Just like how Dream's real last name' is Quinnton.] 

Londyn's P.o.V. - 

A week later, I found myself sitting between Dream and Mr. Tucks in a courtroom. Everything's happening so fast.

My father was being pulled out of the courtroom by two police officers, my mother itching for my drugs as she sat next to her lawyer.

We were almost done. Dream and I already spoke. We were just waiting for the judge's decision.

My leg was bouncing rapidly, my hand holding Dream's forearm.

"Londyn Peterson is now under the custody of Clay Quinnton." The judge said.

The whole world felt like it stopped. I just felt myself being wrapped in someone's arms and my mother yelling in protest.

Three days later after that, I found myself in the car giving Pumpkin a pill so he would be asleep the whole car ride to Florida. 

Everything was going too quickly. 

Then sixteen hours after having a musical in the car with Dream, we got to Florida. More specifically, Dream's house.

"You okay?" Dream asked as he got out of the car. "You seem dazed."

I blinked a few times, also getting out of the car. "Y-yeah, just everything is happening so fast y'know?"

Dream nodded, opening the truck while I opened the backseat door to get Pumpkin. 

"Is that it?" Dream asked.

"No. I-I need to talk to Tommy. I just don't know how to or what words to use. I'm a fucking English major and I don't know the words they use to talk to my boy- my friend." I responded.

Dream laughed softly, "Don't rush it. He'll understand." 

Suddenly, I heard the front door of the house fly open along with someone yelling, "Clay! You're back!"

I walked over to Dream to help with the luggage, only to see a girl a few inches taller than me that looked very similar to Dream standing next to him, a huge smile on her face.

"You're Londyn!" The girl yelled.

"Drista?" I questioned.

Dream wheezed as Drista pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

Why does everyone hug so tightly? 

"It's so nice to finally meet you. I have so many questions. Oh! Let me show you you're room, I decorated myself." Drista said quickly, pulling away from the hug. Dream took Pumpkin's carrier while Drista pulled into the house. 

"Alexis, you're going to hurt the poor girl if you keep dragging her around the house like that!" I heard someone call out as Drista pulled me up the stairs.

"That's my mom. She's cool." Drista said, opening a door at the end of the hallway. "This is your room. Do you like it?"

I laughed softly at her excitement, looking around the room. "Yeah. Thank you." 

"Eh don't thank me. I really do have so many questions, like why-"

"Alexis, chill out. She's living here now, you don't need to suffocate her with questions already." I heard Dream laugh. "Go help Mom with dinner."