Christmas Morning

[Text from picture/letter is written below it.]

Hey Cub, 

Hey Cub, 

Congratulations on getting past the Horntail. Whoever put your name in that goblet shouldn't be feeling too happy right now! You are correct, as an auror, I was aware that the yule ball was being held.

It's great that you figured out how to open that dance, Fred's a good kid, so good luck. I'm guessing he's letting you know the beat so you can dance to it, right?

It's too bad that getting up the nerve to ask out a girl went so badly. I mean I am gay, but I kept that mostly hidden because of all the rumours that all the girls were spreading that I was with them. As you know, Remus is like you, but as you know he was very quiet, so no one really noticed.

Moony says make her jealous. Scratch that he just threw a giant book at my head told me to not put words in his mouth...... so I said that.... also chew all her shoes.

Good Luck,

Sirius

PS, Moony won't let me eat his chocolate..... he's mean.

•  •  •

Hari woke up very suddenly, it took her a moment to figure out why, until she looked to the side were something was pulling on her arm. She put on her glasses to see #) Dobby! (# 

"Merry Christmas Hari Potter miss!" Dobby said, clutching a wrapped present to his chest.

Hari held a finger to her lips, pointing to the beds of the other 3 occupants of the dorm.

"Oh! Sorry Hari Potter miss, Dobby will be quiet." The elf looked down at the present. "Dobby is only wanting to wish Hari Potter 'Merry Christmas' and bring her a present, miss!"

#) No, no, don't apologize, it's just early and I don't want to wake anyone up. (#

"Alright Hari Potter miss." He held up the present. "Dobby is making them himself, miss!" 

Hari unwrapped the package, inside there were two socks, one was bright red and had a pattern of broomsticks upon it; the other was green with a pattern of snitches.

#) You made these? They're so cool! (# Hari pulled them on her feet, Dobby smiled so brightly

"Dobby must go now, miss, we is already making Christmas dinner in the kitchens!" 

#) Hang on, I have something for you too. (#

Dobby smiled even more, if that was even possible. She dug through her trunk until she found the small gift for him. She handed him the gift which he opened to find three mismatched fashion mistake socks.

The elf looked up at her crying, "Miss Hari Potter miss! Oh miss! Dobby has never gotten a christmas present before

The elf looked up at her crying, "Miss Hari Potter miss! Oh miss! Dobby has never gotten a christmas present before. Much less such beautiful socks. Thank you!"

#) You're welcome. (# She said to the now sobbing elf.

"I need to go now miss Hari Potter. Thank you again miss!" and then he dissapeared.

Several heads appeared a few seconds later through the curtains.

"Are you alright Hari?" Hermione asked.

#) Yeah, why? (#

"There was a big bang?" Pavarti said, confused

#) It was Dobby. (#

"Who?" Lavender asked sleepily.

#) A friend of mine. (#

"There was a boy in here!?" Pavarti asked quickly.

"Dobby's a house elf." Hermione said quickly.

#) Sorry, (# Hari said, #) I didn't mean to wake you up so early. I'm fine, go back to sleep. (#

"No, we've got presents!" said Lavender, scrambling out her bed as she noticed the pile at the foot of her bed.

Hari's other presents were less of a fashion nightmare than Dobby's were. Hermione had given her a book on the Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland. Ron had given her dungbombs, lots and lots of them. Sirius had given her a handy penknife with attachments to unlock any lock and undo any knot. 

Hagrid had given her a vast box of sweets including all her favorites: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and Fizzing Whizbees.

The twins had given her way too much prank stuff, which would of course be mostly used on them. Remus had given her several books on advanced spells and magical creatures, and lots of muggle chocolate.

There was also, of course, Mrs. Weasley's usual package, including a new sweater (green, with a picture of a dragon on it - Hari supposed Charlie had told her all about the Horntail), and a large quantity of homemade mince pies.

Hari opened the last present. It was a small black box. Inside were about 15 miniature vials and a note.

Vision correction potions, take daily before bed. ~ You know who this is from.

Hermione came over before Hari could hide them "What's that?"

#) Vision correction potions. (#

She picked up the card. "Who are they from?"

#) That's between me and them, sorry. (#

"Oh ok." She looked a little disappointed. "I get it."

#) I'm sorry, I would tell you if I could. (#

•  •  •  

Hari, Hermione and Ginny met up with Ron and the twins. They made their way down to breakfast before making their way onto the grounds, joined by dean and Seamus.

Hari turned as a snowball hit her in the back of the head. She turned to see a grinning Fred, bouncing another one in his hand. She tackled him before he had the chance to throw another one, trying to shove his face into the snow. Sadly he was a lot stronger than her and rolled over. She was the one who ended up in the snow. 

They got up blushing from their impromptu wrestling match to see that war had broken out between their companions. It seemed to be boys against girls which was not remotely fair, but Ginny seemed to be wining anyway.