-thirty one-

Dauntless was getting drunk, 'their way of acknowledging Al's Death' was how Uriah described it as he drank from a silver flask filled with some alcoholic substance or another. Anna couldn't believe the extreme difference between a Dauntless funeral and an Abnegation one, they were supposed to be sombre, sober and serious and this was anything but that.

Uriah wrapped his arm around Annabelle's shoulder and pushed his flask into her chest. She looked down from the flask up to him, to see him nodding his head vigorously telling her to take it. "It'll calm you down,"

"I am calm," she replied looking back down at the flask and pushing it away from her, back to Uriah, who scoffed saying "Suit yourself."

He laughed as he took his arm off of Anna and made his way over to Christina, who was still extremely upset about Al's death and most likely wasn't enjoying herself, just like Annabelle. Anna rubbed her eyes and looked around the Pit with a sigh, she knew this was her friends funeral, but she couldn't stay there, not with people who didn't even know Al acting like they were at a party. 

As she made her way from the centre of the Pit, she felt a tug on her arm and was pulled off to the side and pinned against the wall of a corridor joined to the Pit. With a yelp, Annabelle looked up at who had pulled her away and scoffed.

"Belle, I need to talk to you," He said, as he held Annabelle's biceps to the wall as if he knew if he let go the girl wouldn't hesitate to just walk off.

"Get your fucking hands off of me," Anna said, trying her best to keep her voice and facial expression stoic, as she stared Peter down. She didn't want to get angry, she didn't want to fight, not now.

"You can't just stop talking to me, Anna," Peter said looking at her with pleading eyes, Annabelles eyes slightly furrowed at the use of her actual name, rather than Belle, but her face quickly returned to being emotionless, so quick she doubted Peter saw it. "I thought we were getting along,"

"Getting along, huh?" Her voice didn't change which caused Peter to gulp and turn his eyes away from hers, the intense stare she was giving, intimidating him. Due to this Annabelle forced her right arm out of his grip and slid it to the other side of his face, cupping his cheek and forcing him to look back at her. " You should have thought about that before you tried to murder my friend,"

Peter wouldn't admit this but he enjoyed the slight touch, even though she was clearly mad at him. However, when she moved her hand and forced herself out of his grip with a push, his thoughts were put to a halt. He knew it would be harder to get her to forgive him this time, she had so much to be mad about, this, Al's death, the fear landscapes and initiation in general, and honestly, he understood that.

After she had pushed him, she began to walk off back the way she had come, just like Peter had expected.

"You don't understand," He yelled, trying to get her attention once more, trying to get her to talk to him, as he was worrying she never would again.

"Don't," She rebutted harshly, turning around to look at him, "Peter, nothing you say will change this,"

Annabelle walked away once more and back to the Pit where she saw Uriah with Will and Christina. Anna found herself releasing a shaky breath and trying her best to keep her tears from falling - she didn't understand why all of a sudden she felt so upset but she hated it.