Chapter 10

Brett's Pov

Walking down the hallway I saw Cameron talking to some girl, I've never seen before, she's probably new. As I walk closer I heard Cameron speaking, "I hate that I have to breathe the same air as yo-"

"Um what's going on?" I cut her off.

"I was just asking if she knew where the Art Lab was" She said with tears running down her face.

"That's not true" She said but I ignored her, I can't  believe what I heard.

"Well I heard enough, Come on I'll show you" I gestured to the new girl.

"You don't know everything" She said as I was walking away.

"Save it, I'm sure North would like to know"  I said.

"What was the cause of that happening?" I asked.

"Well, I'm new here I'm sure you noticed. I asked her if she can direct me to the Art Lab, and she just blew up on me. Is she the Queen Bee or something?" She said as she was still trembling from the encounter.

"No she not too long ago moved here" I answered.

"She said 'If I ever talk to her again I'm going to regret it', I'm still not sure what I did to deserve that" She said looking down.

"But that doesn't sound like her though" I looked at her.

" How long have you known her?" She looked at me.

"I-.... I see your point" I nodded.

"Well you did hear her yourself" She looked back down.

"So what's your name?" I asked trying to distract her from what just happened.

"Coley, Coley Taylor" She answered putting her hand out to shake.

"I'm Brett" I said shaking her hand, then I notice there were no tears on her face and she stopped trembling. It's kinda weird considering how she was before but maybe that's how she copes.

"Well we're here" I said leaving her at the Art Lab doorway.

"Thanks, you're so nice" She said as I was leaving.

___

North's Pov

Hmmnn, I wonder what's up with Cam, she's been silent the entire class merely even talking to me. I know something is bothering her but she doesn't seem like she wants to talk about it, must be something serious. The school bell rang interrupting my thoughts, I realized Cameron had already left class, yep something is definitely up she normally waits for me, whatever it is I hope she's okay. I leave class and head for the cafeteria waiting for Brett and Cameron with Jane and Adam. She shows up a little later, with company. I saw Jane and Adam tense up a bit, feels weird.
She sat down with Brett.

"Ummm... Brett aren't you gonna introduce us to your new friend?" I said sarcastically looking at her.

"I would rather Cameron to introduce her, speaking of which where is she?" She asked.

"She's not here yet and what's that supposed to mean?" I asked confused.

"You'll see" She said and continued eating.

What? What the fuck does that even mean? Why is everyone acting weird today, is there something in the air, or is everyone on their period all at once? I shook my head.

" HI gu-, what is she doing here?" I heard Cameron's voice behind me. I turned to see her looking at Jane.

"I felt she needed a friend after what you did to her this morning" Brett answered.

"What are you taking about?" I asked because I'm fucking curious.

"I think you should ask your girlfriend" The new girl said, wow she speaks.

"What happened this morning?" I asked.

" Well I walked in on Cameron shouting and yelling at her because she asked for directions to the Art Lab" Brett answered.

" That's not true, She's lying" Cameron looked at me.

" Oh so now I'm a liar?" Brett stood up.

"No not you, Her" She pointed at the new girl.

" I literally saw you, you know what I don't have time for this shit, let's go" She got up took my hand and started pulling me.

"North please, atleast let me explain, I'm begging you" I heard Cameron's voice fade.

"Dude do you actuall-" I started but she cut me off.

"Yes North, I was there I saw it happen" She said. Wow well today is one of my worst days ever.

"Get in" She got in to her car.

"Dude it's only lunch we have class soon" I said.

" You really want to go back in there right now?" She closed her door. I really didn't so I got in the car.

___

Cameron's Pov

I watched as Brett pulled North away, all I felt in that moment was anger, My heart started to race, I felt every beat in my brain. I wanted to cry but I wasn't gonna let Coley have that kind of power over me. I thought I was going to run mad. I wanted to flip the table, but instead I looked her in the eyes.

"Are you happy now?" I looked at her hoping she would explode. She just smirked and kept on eating. I slowly turned around and left with Jane and Adam.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked.

"Yeah I'm doing just fine" I answered sarcastically.

"What exactly happened this morning?" Jane asked.

"Well I took your advice" I sighed.

"I'm sorry babe" She said.

" Its fine, I decided I was just gonna tell her exactly how I felt without letting her say one thing, but that didn't work so well" I looked down.

"How did Brett get into the mix?" Asked Adam.

"Well I was kind of going off on her, it was in the moment that Brett walked up to me when I said 'I didn't want to breathe the same air as her', yeah bad timing" I said.

"Oof" Adam squinted his face.

"Then Coley started to cry to and say that she was just asking for directions and Brett walked away with her, I don't know what she told her after that" I shrugged.

"That fucking bitch" Jane said.

"Want me to fuck her up?" Adam smiled at me.

" No, and you can't even hurt a fly" I chuckled.

" Excuse me, I'm an Assassin" He bowed.

" Okay Jason Statham, calm down" Jane laughed.

" Thanks guys" I felt a little better.

"Now let's get to class" Jane said.