Chapter forty four

During the walk out Anakin told me about how the mission ended up going, my eyes rolling as he talked about Dooku getting involved. I could tell he was leaving stuff out at that point but chose not to pester him about it. I was just happy to have my fiancé back at my side even if I was sure he'd get a new mission soon. Driving back in the yellow speeder we started asking instead talking instead about our padawans and how we thought their rooms would look after a few days. I believed Ahsoka would probably be fairly tidy, meanwhile I knew Ari was be messy. Anyway by the time we'd placed bets on what colours they'd want to paint their rim we'd arrived at the building. Actually it was a small out building from the senate accommodation it seemed, so fairly fancy. Anakin led me up through the fairly empty halls and towards our door.

"Ladies first." He hummed after opening the door with the swipe of a card. I leaned up into my toes and quickly kissed his cheek before heading inside. Immediately I was in awe of the sheer size of the place, compared to Jedi quarters it was like a mansion. Hearing the door click shut I stood in the centre of the living space right next to the floor to ceiling windows and spun round just taking everything in.

"Oh my gosh Anakin, this place is incredible! Look at the view! The lights even!" I exclaimed in delight with a small squeal as I clapped my hands together. Anakin stood behind the couch and gave a small smirk as his eyes lingered over me.

"Come with me," He responded after a moment indicating he had something to show me. He walked off to the left and I quickly trotted along after him to the door. "Alright so this is your room," He explained as we entered a fairly large room with a queen sized bed and beautiful polished furniture. However I wasn't given much time to take it in since Anakin had already walked through to a door by the closet and exited into what appeared to be another room. Out of curiosity I followed him through what appeared to be an en-suite bathroom, a gasp leaving me lips as I emerged into a larger room with a grand canopy king sized bed sitting central. "And this is our room." Anakin added with audible smugness as I stood in awe of the new surroundings.

"...you clever little...with the exterior doors...they're never even notice if we share a bed," I pieced together marvelling at his genius for working round the padawan problem. "Anakin Skywalker you're the smartest man alive." I remarked while turning to face him with a grin.

"Nah...I'm just good at fixing things." He replied softly, stroking a strand of hair back behind my ear in a gentle fashion before bribing his lips down and leading them lightly to mine.

"...I love you." I whispered in the moment of pure love and quiet.

"I love you more Angel." He of course responded automatically though with a deep sense of heartfelt meaning to his voice. We stood there hand in hand staring into each other's eyes right until.

Knock knock knock.

"...what's the betting this is the only time they're ever early?" I joked with a shake of my head as I forced myself to drop his hands and tear my eyes away towards the door, taking a couple of steps towards it. I then felt anakins hand on my wrist stopping me.

"Whoa, you go rest on the couch and I'll get the door, and coffee." He instructed while guiding me out through the door and towards the cream couch.

"Alright, but no caffeine it'll mess with my head after all the medication." I replied while sitting down on the unbelievably comfy couch with a sigh.

"You got it Angel," Anakin replied while walking away to the door. I could here his footsteps fade away before the click of the door unlocking closely followed by excited and recognisable voices. "Okay no running, your rooms are down to the right and mine and your masters are to the left...and off limits, okay?"