𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. AFTERLIFE

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXAFTERLIFE

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
AFTERLIFE

§ § § 

Walking deeper into the woods into a group full of Death Eaters and their Dark Lord wasn't as terrifying as it may seem.

I knew my parents were by my side, in spirit. And Harry, in life.

Everyone turned to look at us as Harry and I walked forward. Bellatrix looked eagerly between Voldemort and us, and Voldemort regarded us with cold eyes.

Harry and I had our wands drawn, not trying to stop death, but prepared to counter and block any torturing before the time came.

"Giovanna? Harry?" A familiar voice called, and I turned to see Hagrid tied up. My heart broke for the kind man who'd looked after us. "No! What are you doing here?"

"Quiet!" Another Death Eater hissed.

I blocked them all out. I stared right at Voldemort, who was shifting his gaze between Harry and I. His eyes flicked down to my arm, which was covered by my jacket sleeve.

He didn't look happy. I was very happy. One of his faithful servants wasn't so faithful, nor a servant.

"Harry and Giovanna Potter," Voldemort said into the quiet. "The Boy and Girl Who Lived... come to die."

Voldemort raised his wand. Harry squeezed my hand. We closed our eyes.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A flash of green, then nothing.

My eyes fluttered open, and I immediately closed them again, blocking out the bright light.

Wait.

I sat up quickly, and saw Harry lying next to me, without his glasses. We were no longer in the forest, but a vast white area that looked vaguely like King's Cross.

"Are we..." I trailed off, unable to finish the question.

Because if the afterlife was this endless white room, I was going to need to have a talk with the maker of this place.

Harry got to his feet, and I stood up next to him. He tapped my arm and I turned to where he was pointing. There was a bench, and something under it.

We walked over and squatted, looking under the bench. There was a really ugly creature that I pictured a fetus to look like. 

"Bloody-" I scooted back, wanting to be far from the creature.

Harry, the opposite of me, squinted and leaned closer to study it better. I realized that he probably had perfect vision in the afterlife.

"You can't help."

I whirled around in surprise to there being another voice. My eyes widened with even more surprise when I saw Dumbledore stepping towards us.