Chapter Thirty-Seven

Two weeks had passed and everything had been going downhill. Armani still hadn't woken up. The other doctor that they had brought in to help Alessio with his surgery and care has determined that his body and mind went into shock. That in turn has put him into a coma. They are saying he will wake up once his body and mind is ready, and they can do nothing else to help him.

Annabella is also still missing. They had tried everything to find her, but nothing is working at the moment. They still haven't had a chance to give her anything with a tracker in it yet, so they are pretty much lost on what to do. They had our best hackers trying to find her but it is no use.

Their family has been so dull lately.

Their dad never left his office unless it was something about Armani or Annabella.

Alessio was constantly at the hospital trying to help Armani wake up so he can give them any information that he may know.

Angelo had stopped talking and just stared at the wall.

Alessandro had thrown himself into working out and training their soldiers in order to be ready for when they had to save Annabella.

Antonio had only stopped fighting at the Underground that they ran to try and find her location with his hacking skills.

Lastly, Adriano had been drinking. Not the best way to find you little and only sister, but it helped distract him from the pain. If she was here, she would probably scream at him.

He was sitting in his office, drowning his sorrows with whiskey, when Antonio ran into the room without knocking. Usually Adriano would yell at him, but he didn't have the strength nor patience to do so.

"What in the world caused you to run into my office?" He asked, slurring his words a bit. Antonio shook his head at Adriano's state, disappointed in his decisions, and told him why he ran in here like that.

"I found her." He rushed out. That got his attention immediately. He had finally found their sunshine. Their little princess.

"Where is she and who knows about her location other than us?" Adriano asked him, sobering up.

"No one other than you as of right now. I didn't want to tell anyone else other than you and dad. I knew he would be locked up in his office so I came here first." Antonio said excitedly.

"Okay, go tell dad and our brothers. We are getting our princess home tonight." He said, ready for war.

Get ready to whoever took his sunshine, cause hell is about to be brought down on you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabella didn't know how long she had been tied up to that chair, in that bland room. She tried to keep track, but with no windows to keep track of the sun, it was hard.

She found herself fighting off any possible sleep, in order to make sure no one found her in a vulnerable state. Not that she wasn't not vulnerable right then, but it could have been much worse if someone found her asleep.

John and Christy had been visiting her at random times to administer 'daily corrections and lessons'. In reality it was just them taking all of their anger out on her.

Sammy is the only good thing in this whole place, as much as Annabella hated to say it.

He has been feeding her bread and water whenever he could, to keep her as healthy as he could. He also tried to talk to her on multiple occasions. Annabella always ignored him and after about an hour he saw that she wasn't going to answer him and left her alone.

Being here had given her plenty of time to be lost in her thoughts. It wasn't always a good thing, but sometimes it could be.

It gave her a chance to remember the peaceful times of her life, when she would sneak away from the two devil spawns. Annabella would always go to this abandoned playground and sit on the swings, reflecting on what had happened to her. She was so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't see nor hear the devil spawns walk in and start the daily beating.

Her head flew to the right as John had punched her. At first she didn't feel the sting, or pain from the hit. When it finally caught up to her, they started yelling at her.

"Why are you so useless!"

"You just had to go put your nose where it didn't belong."

And it just went on and on.

Annabella eventually began to lose consciousness when she heard a bang from above them.

Her kidnappers started to freak out, so this obviously was someone trying to save her or kill them.

She smiled at the thought. Maybe it was her brothers and father. They hadn't forgotten her after all.

As Annabella lost the battle of holding her eyes open, which had become extremely heavy, the door busted open.

The last thing she saw was her dad running towards her with Alessio, screaming at her to stay awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stefano had been sitting in his office trying to focus on the work in front of him instead of his missing daughter and youngest son in the hospital, when Antonio ran in with Adriano not far behind him.

"Why are you disturbing me?" He growled at them, annoyed that they were bothering him.

Antonio rolled his eyes as Adriano spoke up, explaining why they came in here. "Antonio found her dad. We need to get the boys and go get her." He said. StefanoI saw hope flickering in both of their eyes. He was sure that there was some hope in his also.

"Okay go get them and we will leave in 15 minutes." He ordered them.

It took them about an hour to reach the place Antonio said Annabella was being kept in. As they walked up to the abandoned building, they noticed footprints on the ground, signaling that someone had been there recently.

Stefano nodded, giving the okay to go ahead and blast the door open. When they opened the door, they heard noises coming from downstairs before they suddenly stopped. He had a bad feeling in his gut, it was telling him to get downstairs as soon as possible.

He thought Alessio must have had the same feeling, because he started to run downstairs with his father. As they rammed the only door that was closed downstairs open, they saw Annabella about to pass out. There were also the two people who had taken her from them so many years ago standing in the room with frightened looks. Stefano knew that the others were behind them, so he ran over to Annabella screaming for her to stay awake.

She just smiled and closed her eyes completely. Alessio started doing his medical thing, when two of their EMT's came rushing over to Annabella preparing to get her to the hospital.

Stefano just kept praying that she was going to be okay.