Chapter 12

Li Wei was in a trance until Song Ying completely disappeared from his view.

Staring at the empty place where she had left, his mood was somewhat complicated.

Until now, he still couldn't accept that she didn't inform him about her arrival, even after many days have passed. He knew she was lying when she said she forgot.

Did she never plan to contact him until she goes back? It can't be right?

Certain memories flashed into his mind when they last met each other in person several years ago. At that time, he had a business trip to Country F where Bai Xiu Ying was currently living.

Despite his busy schedule, he still remembered to inform her about his arrival in the country. Later, they had dinner and catched up with each other for about an hour.

However, Xiao Ying at that time was definitely different from the Xiao Ying he had just met now.

She was still aloof and arrogant, but the way she looked at him had changed. But he didn't know whether he should be glad or disappointed by that change.

In fact, he was glad that she no longer looked at him like a limited edition product, but instead, she now looked at him like a complete stranger, without any personal attachment.

To be honest, he felt offended and a bit upset by her indifferent attitude just now.

Before he continued with his thought, he heard Jing Jing calling his name as she held his arm gently. He saw at her cute face, which was beaming with joy and satisfaction.

He knew she was very happy by his acknowledgement about their relationship earlier with Xiao Ying. She always had that expression whenever he introduced her to the people he knew. But this time, she seemed much happier.

His mood also improved after seeing her adorable smile, his gaze immediately soften and a small smile appeared on his face while he looked at her dotingly.

"Wei, your friend talk exactly like you. She kinda looked like your female version." She giggled and said cheerfully.

Li Wei also smiled after hearing her words and silently agreed with her. Xiao Ying was indeed cold and aloof, just like him. Perhaps that's why they became friends in the first place.

"But I like her. She seems like a nice person. Also she seems...a bit different from your other friends. She was the first person who isn't interested in my family background or ask about what I do."

Zhang Jing really had a nice impression about Song Ying. Normally when Li Wei introduced her to his other friends, they would look at her like she was some sort of modern Cinderella, extremely lucky to have a prince charming.

They would then ask her a lot of questions about her family, her family business and her occupation, etc.

After getting answers from her, their attitude would completely change, they looked at her like she was a peasant trying to become a phoenix.

It would be a lie if she was not hurt by their attitude. That's why she never dare to introduce herself as his girlfriend proudly first.

Although she felt delighted that Li Wei never hesitate to tell their relationship every time, she never really had a pleasant meeting with any of his friends....until now.

After meeting with them, her insecurity would increase, and she felt more and more unworthy of being together with Li Wei. Therefore, she was extremely happy after meeting with Song Ying.

At the same time, Li Wei frowned after hearing her words. After thinking carefully, he felt something was amiss. That didn't really seem like her though.