♡ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨 ♡

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐨
3.7

The boys at Shiratorizawa definitely noticed the change. She slept more, ate more, smiled more. Everything seemed so much more genuine. Not that all her problems would just magically disappear overnight, but when they watched Banana Fish (episode 4-8 because Tendou's too scared to get to episode 9) they could see her hand edge toward her book, yet she didn't grab for it and continued to watch (unlike last time in which she got out her laptop and just started writing an essay). 

She even willingly went out on her own, which hadn't happened in a good week and a half. Early-riser Ushijima was surprised to see her run out of the building in a cute outfit, bag in hand as she looked to be texting someone.

That day her business class had been moved to later on that night due to some google meet with some business dude in the US. In all fairness, (Y/N) was not looking forward to it. They were so fake and greedy and money-hungry and bleh. No thanks. 

But it gave her the opportunity to go out in the morning, so it wasn't all bad.

The night after her jog with Ushijima, she had contemplated his advice. Over and over again she thought of his words, though in all honesty, it was an attempt to hypnotise herself in believing them, like, manifestation or something.

And it worked, so she wasn't complaining. 

With a spur of motivation, that morning she had texted the first person to see her in her... mentally weakened state, the certain grey-haired setter accepting her offer to coffee almost immediately.

It had been a pleasant surprise to see her run towards him in her baby-blue jeans and lavender sweater, a bright smile etched onto her lips. It seemed setters, and volleyball player in general, had a knack for observing things that were different.

Sugawara noticed the shine in her eyes, her way more relaxed posture and how she just radiated a different vibe. Not just from the last time he had seen her, but a little more different than when he had met her originally. 

It most definitely wasn't a bad thing... just different. Way better than her depressed state, anyway.

He matched her smile, digging his hands into his own baggy jeans, "Good morning! How're you?"

Giving him a goofy grin, she shouldered her purse, "Oh you know, I haven't been crying myself to sleep every night, and I mean, it's an upgrade!"

His brow raised in amusement, "Oh, definitely," He nodded with pursed lips, slowly matching her light-hearted vibe. He had a bit of a panicked frenzy this morning, not sure how (Y/N) would present herself at the coffee shop. Maybe she'd be a mess, maybe she would be apathetic? He was grateful, as this tone they were taking was a relief.