𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦.

┏━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

┗━━━━━━˙*¨༺ ༻¨*˙━━━━━━┛

THE GALAXY STOPPED for Din Djarin. He saw nothing but the pair of violet eyes staring right back at him. A streak of sunlight reflected through her eyes, highlighting her tired yet serene face.

Right there, not far from beside him, stood his beloved girl Aeryn Mavek.

The very girl he longed for. The very girl he loved. The very girl who had left him only to break his heart and yet, he chose to still love her. But at the moment, none of that mattered. He was just...staring at her like she was a masterpiece--like she was the sunset that fades away into the horizon every single day. A serene, beautiful scenery that can perish at any moment.

Aeryn, on the other hand, only had her eyes focused on the Major Imperial Officer. She knew that there were two other troopers accompanying him but she did not think she had enough time to even bother looking at their faces.

"Ah, you must be Officer Mavek, am I right?" Major Hess asked into which Aeryn only nodded to. "Well, then, take a seat. Please."

"But--"

"Please, have a drink with us." Major Hess insisted, smiling at the girl. "Besides, we were having quite an interesting conversation here. You would miss out if you didn't join."

Aeryn Mavek eternally shut her eyes closed. In reality, though, she only flashed the Major a small, weak smile before taking the vacant seat in front of another trooper.

The moment Aeryn sat down, Din couldn't help but squint his eyes at the sight of her current state. Aeryn wore an Imperial Officer unifrom; she looked pale, thinner, and had a couple of fresh bruises across her face. Somehow, he was certain that those bruises did not only exist on her face.

Aeryn, his beloved and most cherished girl, looked like she has been through a lot.

Din Djarin clenched his fists under the table; his eyes glued on Aeryn's. His jaw clenched and yet, he tried his best not to show any emotions. It was challenging to not have a beskar helmet cover his true reactions.

The violet-eyed girl, on the other hand, had her eyes glued onto the metal cup in front of her. A few seconds passed and with a deep sigh, Aeryn slowly lifted her head up to see the faces of the two troopers sharing the same table with her. She first looked at the man on her right; a bald one.

Aeryn's eyes slightly widened at the sight of Migs Mayfled's face. Mayfeld, however, was also quite surprised to see Aeryn sitting at the same table they were.

Mayfeld? What is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be in Pri--

Much to her surprise, the moment she turned her head to look in front of her, the stranger sitting there already had his eyes on her.

Her thoughts immediately perished; as if Mayfeld being her was no longer relevant. Heck, at that moment, nothing else was relevant for her.

Aeryn didn't know why but the moment her eyes landed on the man's warm, brown eyes, an awfully familiar feeling engulfed her. She didn't know why or how but the moment she met the stranger's eyes, she saw what she had been looking for all these past few decades.

She saw Din Djarin's awfully familiar eyes.

But how could she?

The whole galaxy may crumble but for all Aeryn knows, Din would never remove his helmet. No. Din would never let any other living creature see his face.