43

"....Angelina, do you know the reason behind this?" The duke asked.

"Uhm...I'm not sure..." Angelina pretended to be clueless. She didn't want to reveal too much.

It's best to keep your most ofyour skills hidden.

"Then...." Why did Chase Casspan invite her? Is he... could he perhaps be interested in Angelina...? the duke pondered.

He knew Evelina always admired Chase so he was a worried.

Alex glanced at Evelina. She had a blank expression. But he knew she was extremely disappointed and sad.

The hatred towards Angelina grew in his heart. How dare she hurt my precious sister!

Evelina only had one question in her mind: why?

Didn't she treat Chase well? She gave him her handkerchief!

This was clearly a slap in her face!

She gave him her handkerchief, yet he invited her sister instead!

The duchess frowned. She was worried her daughters were going to ruin their bond as sisters over a man.

She wanted her family to be in peace. But it seemed fate had other plans.

"Lina, are you going to accept sir Chase's invitation?" The the duchess asked her daughter while cutting her piece of steak.

"Well....it would be rude of me if I declined..." Angelina acted like she didn't have a choice.

Hmph! Don't act like you didn't want this! Evelina wanted to go over there and beat Angelina. Unfortunately she couldn't lose her temper in front of everyone.

The butler handed Angelina the invitation and helped her open it.

Angelina read it quietly.

"It says...young master Chase would like to invite me over to the Casspan Mansion...today!" Angelina pretended to be surprised.

"Oh? Does it say why?" The duchess said after taking a sip of her wine.

"It does not" Angelina replied.

"Hm..well that's alright." The duchess smiled.

"You should go get ready, Lina. Don't embarrass the Skyler family."

"Of course, mother" Angelina nodded politely.

"Good" the Duchess nodded as well.

********
Angelina wore an elegant light pink gown, and to top it all off, Angelina wore a matching hat.

Angelina got in the carriage.

When she arrived at the Casspan mansion, Angelina saw the Casspan family waiting for her at the entrance.

Angelina gracefully got out the carriage, using Maid's hand for support.

"Mm" the Marchioness nodded in agreement. She thought Angelina was a suitable candidate to be her son's wife.

Angelina approached them. She bowed politely to the family of three and they bowed back.

Angelina...or Lilith spent most of her life with the Casspan family. So she knew what they liked and disliked.

The duke liked a polite and intelligent women.

The duchess liked a virtuous and generous wife.

And Chase...she wasn't too sure. But she did know that he liked a strong, considerate, and kind hearted lady.

Evelina fit Chase's wishes nicely. Of course aside being strong.