𝐭𝐞𝐧

Waking up with her body curled into itself like she were a scared child in a hotel room was the last thing she would expect her day to start out like

Waking up with her body curled into itself like she were a scared child in a hotel room was the last thing she would expect her day to start out like. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, and coming to her senses, she stood out of bed, shivering as her feet touched the cold floor. Turning her head to look at the clock, she knew it was ten. The morning sun shone through the thick, termite eaten curtains, glaring harshly into her face.

Rory began getting ready, putting on a change of clothes. She needed to be out and ready by eleven. For what? She didn't know. 

She thought Elijah was a rather strange man.

For the past couple days, he had told her to meet in front of his hotel room. From there, the two would walk around, Rory answering every question he asks her. The girl personally thought they were wasting time, instead of beginning whatever Elijah was trying to accomplish.

But in all honesty, she didn't mind. The Original had been actually treating her like a person, and what surprised her the most, is that he actually had ADHD meds. How? She didn't really know why, but she had a hunch that the man did not have the disability considering he was quite the composed guy. He also genuinely listened to the girl, and didn't cut her off or shush her when she spoke. 

What weirded Rory out the most, was why they were staying in the small, run-down inn. She just assumed it was to lay low? She didn't mind. She assumed her friends either didn't realize that she was gone, or didn't care.

Wouldn't be a first time.

Closing the door to the room she had to herself, she began walking over to Elijah's room, in which he was surprisingly already waiting outside of.

"Why do you always wear a suit? It's kind of boring." The raven-haired girl said as she reached him.

"Because it's professional." He responded.

Rory rolled her eyes at him which he realized was a common occurrence from the girl. "We have only see one guy in the past three days. And you killed him." She deadpanned.

Without even responding, he grabbed her hand, dragging her behind him, much to her own dismay. He quickly then sped away stopping when they entered a forest. Once they stopped, Rory put her hands on her knees, gathering herself, and calming her breaths.

"Could you at least tell me before you do that?" She asked him, and only got a chuckle in response.

"Come on Aurora." Elijah said, walking towards a clearing,only momentarily stopping to look back at the small girl, indicating for her to come along.

Walking into the space, confused, she looked back at him, to see him silently telling her to sit down. So she did.

"Aren't you going to sit down to?" She asked, looking up at him. He only shook his head 'no' in response. Rolling her eyes again, she grabbed his hand, and in one movement, yanked him down, forcing him to sit criss cross across from her. "So what am I doing exactly?" She asked him.