⇢ CHAPTER 71

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END!

season 10 episode 1

As the doctors watched the hospital staff wheel Webber and Brooks out of the elevator, confirming their location after all this time, Derek found himself with his heart in his stomach as he thought over where Holly would be-- and why she hadn't sh...

As the doctors watched the hospital staff wheel Webber and Brooks out of the elevator, confirming their location after all this time, Derek found himself with his heart in his stomach as he thought over where Holly would be-- and why she hadn't shown up with the rest of the group.

Derek froze as he watched Brooks begin to shake and the monitor beep erratically before he jumped in, "Let's get her on her side." He nodded at the nurses, "Ready? Move over here. One, two, three, go. Get her for a C.T." He frowned his brows as his eyes landed on Ross, "Ross? Ross!" Derek tried before sighing and looking at another nurse, "Page Dr. Holly Kepner, stat. And no one tell Jackson." 

"Well, keep paging her." Alex demanded, looking at a nurse, "Look, this could be life-or-death here-- we don't know, so keep paging."

"What's up?" Jackson asked, looking at the nurse and Alex with confusion.

"Nothing." Alex shook his head before waving his hand, "Get lost."

"I-- okay?" Jackson frowned his brows, "Why--?"

"Dude," Alex looked at him in warning, "just--"

"Dr. Webber and Dr. Brooks were found electrocuted in the basement by the generator and now he," The nurse informed, pointing at Alex, "is insisting I page the Chief Resident 9-1-1." She finished, rolling her eyes at their back-and-forth arguing. Alex glared at the woman, "Sorry," She raised her arms in surrender, "you two were--"

"Holly was going to the generator..." Jackson trailed off, eyes wide as he looked at Alex.

"Oh." The nurse's eyes went wide as she realized he was the boyfriend, "Sorry, it's my second week here and--"

"Just keep paging her." Alex demanded again as he watched Jackson continue to remain frozen.

"I know this is difficult," Derek began, staring at Brooks being prepped for surgery as he held out hopes that Holly was fine, "but Brooks is our patient. I'm telling you this to remind you to be her doctor, not her friend right now. There are decisions to be made in there that will affect not only her ability to be a surgeon-- her speech, her ability to function, her life. But those decisions are ultimately mine. I will not make them lightly." He sighed as he and Ross continued to scrub in, "But I will make them quickly, and you need to do exactly as I say. No questions. Can you do that?"

Ross stared at his former competition with guilty eyes, "I think so."

Derek's head flew to his intern, "That's not good enough."