Windu

I knew he blamed himself, but he shouldn't. I would of done it again in a heartbeat. When I had first met my best friend and teacher. I was twenty years old and he was a Jedi master. I had been a slave and he helped save me.

Sadly him saving me came at a cost and when a salver threw a liquid at him I took the hit, becoming permanently blind.

"Mace, I'm surprised to see you here." I said with a small laugh.

"You know I hate those jokes." He said with a sigh.

He took my hand and led me outside.

"Yes, but they make me laugh." I explained.

He kissed my knuckles and we continued through the garden.

"How goes the war?"

"Master Yoda, believes we will lose." He said softly.

"And what do you think?"

"I don't know." He said as he let out a sigh.

"Yes you do." I said with a smile.

"I think we have already lost." He said as I squeezed his hand.

"You're wrong... we have never truly lost.. until we lost ourselves." I said as I smiled up at him.

He gently moved a strand of hair out of my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Even though you are blind, I swear you see more than I do." He said softly.

"Oh I do. Like I can see that you're hopelessly in love with me. I mean what other reason would you come and visit me?" I asked with a laugh.

"I like your company."

"Shut up and kiss me."

He let out a laugh and leaned down and gently kissed me. I smiled against his lips and pulled him closer.