𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15

The day had come for you to leave Tokyo for the training camp. Even with a constant reminder that it's not a vacation, you couldn't help feeling excited about the trip and ended up packing a lot of stuff.

Your bedroom turned into a complete mess from sorting them all out again. Seeing this won't be done in a short span of time, you decided to leave them for later and headed downstairs to have a drink.

When you were walking past the living room, you heard a metal clunk coming from the front yard and the sound of a gate opening.

You looked through the window that had a view of the front porch and recognized the black Mercedes that was parking in the driveway. After that, you heeded no further to the man that was coming out of it.

Your father was trying the keys at the door before he realized it wasn't locked. He let himself in while taking off his glasses, rather spooked to see you home on Friday morning.

"[name], why aren't you at school?"

"I'm leaving for a training camp today. What are you doing here?"

"To bring souvenirs for my daughter."

He delightfully smiled, putting four paper bags that had different signature brands on them.

"Souvenirs? Where did you go?"

You had a peek at one of the bags.

"Kobe. I was assigned there for two weeks. Now, did you say training camp? I thought you already done that back in Summer."

"It's different than summer camps. We're going to Hyogo."

"Have you prepared everything?"

He went to the kitchen and grabbed any refreshment he found in the fridge.

"Yes, but I think I need to buy a new toothbrush. Hey, I was saving that soda."

He walked to the living room while playing with his car key, ignoring your grumbling.

"Let me take you to the convenience store then. I also have something to buy."

Still feeling peeved about the drink, you turned away and sulked back to your room.

"No, that's okay. I'll just do it on the way to the station."

You closed the door, hoping he would have gone by the time you're leaving.

But he didn't. He was still in the house when you came down.

He put his phone away as he watched you going for the front door, singlehandedly carrying your backpack.

He stood up, grabbed your bag from behind, and walked a little faster to the car.

"Come one, I'll take you to the station. Oh, right. Buy a new toothbrush first," he said, getting inside the car then started the engine.

"Dad, I'm just going to take the bus."

"But a car is faster and safer."

"I actually don't see the difference."

"You'll have me."

"The more reason to take the bus."

"Just get in, sweetie. You don't want to be late, do you?"

You pursed your lips, clicking your tongue, "Fine."

You hopped into the back seat where your father put your bag.

As promised, he made a quick stop at a convenience store before driving you to the appointed station.

He observed you from the rear mirror, still looking unconcerned by your father's presence. He thought you'd be a little excited to see him again given you previously said you wanted him home.