THIRTY EIGHT

"N- Niki, s- stop.. I'm hurting."

Sunoo whimpered weakly, Niki haven't moved the blade away from his face, so he tried his best to keep still on the ground. he ignored the weakening of his body as he silently shakes from crying, he must resist it. he doesn't want to anger Niki more. the amber can already tell that Niki was boiling with range and anger.

but, what is he angry for? that's what Sunoo and the others was curious about more.

Jake's ruby eyes snapped open when he heard the weak whimper from Sunoo, slapping him out of the hypnotized state he was in from before. he looked to his side to only see Heeseung trying to fight back everything, his wings almost summoning as he glowed into a purple shade.

making sure that Niki's attention wasn't at him, he glanced at the drawers from the corner. there, his pocketed knife resting above the varnished wooden drawer. he made it teleport to his hands, taking full control of his knife, the one with the half moon symbol carved on it's handle. he slowly brought down his right hand to his side, making the knife float on it's own in front of him. Jake succeeded in keeping quite the whole time, he didn't made a single move from where he stood as he only stared at Niki and Sunoo from the far distant.

That he had control on his weapon, he closed his eyes as he imagined playing the piano. his right fingers moving unconsciously on it's own as he controlled the knife slowly, it was still floating as he made it move on it's own, laying it flat and pointing directly at the blond hair. he stopped moving his fingers as the knife stills up in the air. and that instant, without any warning and anyone noticing, not even Sunoo and Niki. the silver handy knife flew towards Niki in a flash mode but, Jake observed, he felt like everything went slow motion as he saw a glimpse of Niki smirking at him when he only focused on where the knife was targeting. 

Niki knew everything he was doing earlier, no doubt he'll miss hitting the younger with his knife.

the blond became alert and dodged the incoming attack, the knife's direction was extremely accurate, if haven't  dodged it he would've been hit right in the middle of his forehead. but to Niki sensing everything, he tilted his head and bended a little, perfectly missing the hit but also got a wound on his left cheek, making the amber in the floor gasp in exasperation.

"N- niki–" Sunoo tried to stand up but Niki didn't even dared to move away his katana, so the amber retreated back sadly. he saw blood, Niki was hurt. he needed to heal that.

the amber can't do anything but to slump back down weakly and looked at Jake's direction, he mouthed a 'why but he only got a shrugged making him frown even more. he snapped his head towards Niki when he heard the clanking sound of the glass door, the katana wasn't in front of him anymore and Niki turned back at him.
Sunoo wanted to move and get up but his body already gave out so, he silently looked at Niki from the back. the blond was busy arranging the Katana's casing. Sunoo's eyes traveled on the weapon, his gaze stopping right in the base of the blade where the two- faced wolf is carved. he saw it sparkle into an amber color, which made him widen his eyes and wonder if he had already seen that. but when he remembered every time Riki would use that against him, the carving never sparkled or glowed. so, this was hi first time seeing and witnessing it.

"Ah, you must've seen that." Niki said, turning around to face Sunoo. he was more implying to the carved wolf, yet, Sunoo didn't look up at him. the amber felt so small and weak when he would look at those eyes, in this way he couldn't stare at them. Niki bent down on his level and stared at Sunoo, until he whispered "you're lucky Minji told me not to lay a finger on you."

with that, the blond stood back up. hissing when he felt the sticky liquid on his cheek. he brought his thumb to touch it, the blood immediately smudging his face. he grinned and looked at Jake this time.