Chapter 13

Shen Xi, who was holding a very fat cat in her arms, gave Liu Fang a polite smile.

They sat down on a nearby table.

"It's already been a week since your wedding to Su Hang." Liu Fang commented.

"Ah, yes, about a week." Shen Xi nodded.

"Really, that child! He finally got married but didn't even take you out to a honeymoon. He really wronged you." Liu Fang apologetically said.

"I know he's busy." Shen Xi replied with a smile.

"I knew you were a very kind and considerate girl." Liu Fang grabbed Shen Xi's right hand and held it on top of the table. She then continued: "The company really has been busy. After all, we recently took a large sum of money out of it."

Shen Xi's expression froze, and her eyes flashed towards Liu Fang.

"Auntie Liu has no other meaning with those words. Xiao Xi, don't mind me." Liu Fang's expression turned worried. "I just wanted to explain why Su Hang traveled to HK right after marrying you. The collaboration planned with the company in HK is really important, and there can be no room for error. When Su Hang put forward the idea of helping Shen Group in the shareholders meeting, he was meet with great pressure, you know. You have to try and be understanding."

"I know. I will treat Su Hang well. Thank you for your concern." Shen Xi pulled her hand out of Liu Fang's grip and moved it under the table to scratch the chin of the orange cat on her lap.

"Then Auntie Liu is relieved." Liu Fang then asked: "Are you here to see Su Hang today?"

"No." Shen Xi shook her head. "I opened this coffee shop and just passed by to have a look."

"Oh?" Liu Fang looked surprised. "I didn't know Shen family's daughter knew how to do business. Your coffee shop is quite well-known in the area."

"I just opened the store for fun. I'm nowhere near as amazing as Aunt Liu." Shen Xi replied.

"What amazing? I only manage a small part of the company's business. It can't be compared to you. In the future, won't you be managing the entire Shen Group?" Liu Fang tentatively asked.

"Ah." Shen Xi shook her head. "I don't like doing business. Owning this coffee shop isn't as complicated as it sounds. And my father already told me that if I didn't want to manage Shen Group, I could ask a professional to do it on my behalf."

"Hire a director?" Liu Fang was flabbergasted.

"Yes." Shen Xi affirmed. "But I don't think we'll do that anymore. In the future, Su Hang will probably help me take care of it instead."

"You want Su Hang to help you manage Shen Group?" Liu Fang's fake smile was starting to crack.

"Un." Shen Xi gave her a gentle and pure smile.

Liu Fang looked at Shen Xi's innocent expression and felt jealousy blooming in her heart. Why are there people in this world that didn't need to do anything, yet have countless people loving them? They live comfortably and happily, all without lifting a finger; they're so blessed it's disgusting.

"Ah, at the shareholder's meeting, Su Hang did say that the Shen family and Su family were going to be one family in the future. As a matter of fact..." Then, as if realizing her mistake, Liu Fang stiffly coughed and changed the subject. "Anyway, you haven't visited the Su family home for so long. When are you planning on coming by? Su Hang's father hasn't said anything, but it's obvious that he's upset."

"...I'll ask Su Hang about it tonight." Shen Xi hesitated and didn't agree to anything.

"Alright. Then we'll wait for you two at home." Liu Fang looked down at her watch and said: "It's getting pretty late, I have to go back to work."