Chapter 12

"You?!" Xia exclaimed before covering her mouth. She wanted to smash her head in the table as Yangyang avoided her eyes, clearly embarassed. She had no intention of sounding that rude. "Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"Yeah." Yangyang said, cutting her off. He smoothed the hair on the back of his head as she stared at the mixer in front of them. "I accidentally got his car scratched when I was driving it."

"Oh." Xia said softly, not really knowing what to say. "Well it happens, and you were just learning how to drive, right?"

Yangyang shook his head. "No, I'm a fully licensed driver, I just don't have a car so Ten lets me use his sometimes when we..."

Yangyang's voice trailed off and the male sat straight again, ruffling his hair. "Anyways, it doesn't really matter. The point is, since I ruined it, I need to find a pay for the repairs and find a place to fix it, and I honestly have no idea where to begin."

Despite the fact that it was quite obvious that Yangyang was hiding something, Xia let it slide as a smile formed on your face. "Well it's a good thing that you know someone that has a friend that works at a repair shop."

Yangyang froze at her words as he slowly took them in. "Wait what?"

Xia gave the male a light nudge. "Xiaojun, he works at a car repair shop. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we dropped by and let him take a look."

Yangyang's eyes widened, still finding it hard to register what Xia was saying. "You're kidding."

Xia shook her head. "No, I'm serious. Are you busy today? We can go after classes."

Xia watched as grin spread on Yangyang's face, the male gently tugging her arm like a happy puppy.

"Oh my gosh Xia, you're literally a life saver, thank you so much! I owe you!"

Xia chuckled at Yangyang's reaction, just glad that she could help a friend out. "No, it's fine. I dragged you here to listen to my track anyways and now you have a project that isn't even worth grades."

Yangyang's head snapped back to the laptop screen in front of them, remembering why he was there in the first place.

"Oh, right. I actually almost forgot about that but.."

Xia's eyes followed Yangyang as he reached into his bag, grabbing a notepad and a pencil. He turned his head, giving Xia a small smile.

"I don't know about you but I'm feeling pretty inspired so why don't we get some rap lyrics done."

...

"You're in much too good of a mood for someone that needs to pair for Ten's car repair." Hendery pointed out as Yangyang walked out of the dance studio, a big smile on his face.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you." Yangyang said, pulling the keys to Ten's car out of his pocket, dangling them in front of his roommate. "But I'm meeting with Xia after school. Her friend works at a car repair shop."

"Whoa, Xia has connections." Hendery said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Yangyang rolled his eyes, giving the male a shove.

"Relax." Yangyang said but on the inside he was excited to join Xia for the evening.

The two had spent the remainder of the time recording the rap that Yangyang had spontaneously written to Xia's track, and the girl promised that she'll edit it a bit before sending the completed track to him. After that, she'll give it to her music professor and if he approves, it'll be off to some producers.

Xia was visibly impressed as she continuously gave Yangyang compliments in between her suggestions while recording. Working with the girl was more than enjoyable for Yangyang.