chapter twenty-seven

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVEFISHY

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
FISHY

THIS PLACE IS SUPER WEIRD. I'VE LIVED HERE LONG ENOUGH TO TELL THERE'S SOMETHING OFF.

JAEMIN & EUNHA FOCUS

While Hyeji was gone and Minsoo was in class, Eunha hadn't had much she could do. So she sat in the media room by herself, reading a book as she waited for one of them to return.

A knock on the door made her lookup. She expected one of her two closest friends to come in but was pleasantly surprised when she saw Jaemin.

"Hey," he smiled, walking inside. "What're you doing?" He asked, taking a seat on the other couch.

"Waiting for Minsoo or Hyeji to get back. I heard what happened earlier in your class so I doubt Minsoo is gonna be back any time soon."

Jaemin nodded, making himself comfortable on the couch as he laid down, "yeah, it was kinda scary. I don't know if I was just seeing things but I could have sworn that her eyes flashed a yellow color. Like her pupils changed or something."

If she had spoken like this to someone before entering Neo House, she'd think they were crazy. But now things were different. For some reason, this was actually believable now.

"Oh, and I heard Hyeji is in their room too. Apparently, her parents came to visit and she didn't take it too well."

Eunha winced at the thought of Hyeji's parents coming to visit her. She hadn't even known the girl that long and could tell she didn't like them.

"I'd believe it. I mean, what you said about seeing Minsoo's eyes glow yellow or something. This place is just weird," she shuttered, suddenly cold.

Jaemin looked at her while still laying down, "you feel it too?"

"I mean, yeah, who wouldn't tell if it was cold-"

"No," Jaemin slightly laughed, sitting up. He went to the end of the couch and rested his back against the armrest while holding onto his knees. "I mean you can feel the weirdness of this place too?"

"Oh," Eunha nodded, a bit embarrassed. "Minsoo and Hyeji do too. We talked about it my first day when we came in here. It's just like a weird energy around this whole place."

Jaemin nodded. "Exactly! The guys and I can feel it too. We don't know what it is, though. This place is super weird. I've lived here long enough to tell somethings off."

"So all of you agree? We thought it could've just been because we were new and hadn't gotten to know everything yet."

Jaemin shook his head no. "It's not just you guys being new. This feeling has been the same since all of us arrived, even Renjun could feel it when he came here."

"Do you guys know why it feels like this?"

Jaemin shook his head again, slightly disappointing Eunha. "Nope. You'd think you'd get some answers after living here for nearly seven years but guess not."

Eunha's eyes widened partially, "seven years? You've been here for that long?"

"Not me, Renjun. He's been here since he was twelve. I only got here three years ago." Jaemin clarified.

Eunha nodded and for a moment the conversation had ended. That was until Jaemin spoke up again, cautious as he spoke.

"I was going by the nurse's room last night and, uh, heard them talking about you. Is it true you said you saw a man when no one was there?"

saw a man when no one was there

"N-no." She said quickly. "It's not like that. I don't know how to explain it..." She rubbed the back of her neck, clearly embarrassed.

Jaemin sat up straighter, "I didn't mean it in a bad way. I mean like, you see ghosts?"