xli. She Will Fight!

╔═══════════════╗

chapter forty-one( the last olympian )❝ she will fight! ❞

chapter forty-one
( the last olympian )
❝ she will fight!

╚═══════════════╝

Midtown was a warzone. I lost Annabeth and Cain in the fight, too busy focusing on keeping myself alive against the monsters I faced. It was a blur. For one second, they were there, and then I was fighting some monsters by myself, then Grover showed up for a little bit to help with a toot-toot of his reed pipes, and then here I am with Will, doing our best to fend off a Hyperborean giant.

It disturbed me to see these beasts━who are usually very sweet and peaceful, minding their own business in Alaska━cause so much damage with just a blow of their breath. The summer air had dropped to what felt like below freezing, and if it weren't for my powers, I was sure Will and I would have been frozen icicles at least ten times by now.

"Why did we have to get the big blue guys," grumbled Will as he held his hand out and I passed over him some new arrows since he had run out. Catching them, he immediately separated them, half-in-half. Three going into his quiver, and the other three onto the string where he let them go and they struck the giant in the chin and nose.

The giant yelled in pain, and went to blow us with ice, but I blocked it with a shield of light with a simple swipe. But it took a lot out of me, especially with my arm as it is. I gritted my teeth, holding until the snowstorm stopped.

Out of nowhere, a figure fell from the sky off a black pegasus. Percy landed on the giant's head, and when he looked up, Percy slid off his face, shield-bashing his nose on the way down. The Hyperborean roared in pain, staggering backwards with blue blood trickling down onto his lips.

Percy hit the pavement running, and I couldn't help but think: you cute-looking showoff. The giant breathed a cloud of white mist and the temperature dropped. The spot where Percy had landed was now coated with ice, and he was covered in frost like a sugar doughnut.

Jumping back into action, I brought the attention onto myself so Percy could attack from behind. "Hey! Ugly! Do you always look like a smurf, or is that just for today?"

The giant bellowed and turned towards me, exposing the unprotected back of his legs. Percy charged and stabbed him behind the knee. "WHAAAA!" The Hyperborean buckled, but instead of turning to dust, he froze from the point Percy had stabbed him.

He quickly pulled out his sword, watching the giant completely freeze over before making his way towards Will and I.

"Thanks," I said as he reached us, trying to catch my breath. "The pig?"