Natasha Romanoff X Fem!Reader - Spiderwebs

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Spiderwebs' by No Doubt. I hope you all enjoy it.

T/W - This chapter contains themes of stalking and harassment; if this is likely to effect your mental wellbeing, please do not read.

You were sure exactly how your phone number had become common knowledge. You had never posted it anywhere, and you knew for certain that there wasn't a single member of the public that knew your real name, let alone any way of contacting you without going through Stark Industries. In fact, you'd been so careful about keeping yourself hidden away that when the phone had first rung with a number you didn't recognise, you had assumed it was a wrong number.

"Hello?" you started, your brow furrowing as you leant back in your desk chair, waiting for the caller to identify themselves. 

"Miss (Your/Superhero/Name)?" 

Your entire body tensed with that first uttering. Not a wrong number.  "Who is this?" you murmured, sitting up a little straighter in your chair and grabbing for a pen and paper on your desk. 

"I'm a huge fan Miss (Y/S/N). I've got all the clippings from the newspapers. You're incredible-"

"Where did you get this number?" you interrupted, hearing the caller release a small sigh.

There was a moment of silence on the line, and then the phone disconnected, leaving you reeling from the interaction.

You were on your feet a moment later, marching out of your office and down the hall. You didn't even pause to knock before barging into Nat's office, only hesitating when she glanced up from her computer with a small smile. 

"Hey," she started softly, that sweet smile still sitting so perfectly on your lips. 

"Hey," you returned, taking a deep breath. Nat's brow furrowed as you shifted on the spot considering what to say. Perhaps if was a one time thing. They hung up on you, not the other way around, and really, what was there to be worried about?  "What do you want to do for dinner tonight?" you finally uttered, returning her smile as effortlessly as possible whilst your stomach was still tying itself in knots. 

*Time Skip*

You were in the shower the next time your phone began ringing, and you were quick to poke your head out from behind the curtain, glancing at the screen. Withheld number. "Shit." You got out of the shower as quickly as you could manage, hitting answer on the phone and immediately putting it on loudspeaker. "Hello?" The other end of the line remained silent as you wrapped a towel around yourself. 

"What are you doing right now?" God, you felt sick. The same voice from before rang out into your bathroom, making goosebumps rise all over your body as you grabbed the phone and put it on silent.

"Who is this?" 

There was another pause, and a small sigh. "I told you already. I'm a big fan. I think we should be friends." 

"I already have friends-"

"Then we can be more than friends," he interrupted. 

You remained quiet for a moment. "I have one of those too." 

A small chuckle left the caller, one that made your entire body shudder. "No, you don't." He paused for a moment, his breathing coming hot and heavy down the line. "You can't lie to me;I know everything about you. We're meant for each other." 

Without even thinking, you flinched, quickly moving to hang up the phone and slamming  it down onto the bathroom counter, a little too hard. 

A knock came on the door a moment later, and you practically jumped out of your skin, releasing a little yelp.