Adult party

//TW: Substance use, alcohol and marijuana specifically //

They got to a rest area and set alarms for the morning. Fuck it. Sleeping in the car fo tonight.

Well, almost.

I said this was May, 2021. Well someone has a birthday June 1st, so apparently I'm writing a birthday.

Techno got out to stretch his legs, and ✨party✨. He pulled out a pen, not that kind, and decided to go into his 22nd birthday in a bit of a higher mood.

Wilbur got out of the car to stretch as well. He looked over and saw Techno holding something.

"What's that?"

Techno jumped a bit. He hadn't realized Wilbur had gotten out of the car.

"Shit. I thought you were going to sleep."

Wilbur's an adult. This was fine. Techno took a hit as he leaned against the car.

Wilbur saw the smoke and figured it out.

"Is that a weed?"
"No, it's a crayon."

They shared a small laugh and Wilbur walked around to lean against the car with the pinkette.

"Well, if you're gonna smoke, I'm walking across the street to get some form of alcohol.

Techno had seen the liquor store across the street but had considered it as a place to get snacks rather than alcohol. He wasn't a big fan of the latter.

"I'll go with. I don't drink often but I can make an exception tonight."
"Is it even legal for you?"
"This is California and I'm almost 22. It's legal."
"Almost? Oh! You're birthday is next month, yeah?"
"Next month is tomorrow."

"Huh. I guess May is ending. I don't remember what day your birthday is- Wait. Tomorrow. Your birthday is TOMORROW?!"
"Hahaha, yeah. Surprise motha fucka."
"We're supposed to surprise you with a fucking party, asshole!"

They had started walking to the store while talking and now they had arrived. They beelined to the liquor.

"Vodka?"
"I have to drive tomorrow."
"Mm. Beer?"
"Should be fine."
"What is it you Americans like? Whiteclaw?"
"Leave me and my preference for spicy fruit juice alone."

They got beer, and vodka for Wilbur, and headed back to the car to celebrate Techno's birthday. Phil woke up after an hour and gladly joined the impromptu party.

All three were drunk, and Techno and Wilbur were high. Techno had let Wil have some edibles he had in his backpack. Then Tommy woke up.

They weren't in the car. Don't smoke in cars. They were at a picnic table at the rest area. Tommy saw them and confusedly walked over. It was late and they had various bottles and cans. They were all smiling, even Techno.

"Are you lot drunk?"
"Hehehe noooo. I just have a crayon and I'm coloring."
"Silly child."
"I don't even see a crayon. You two are very smiley. Phil just looks, like Phil. Happy. You are definitely drunk."
"Is it past midnight?"
"Way past."
"Pog!"

Wilbur shook Techno slightly and excitedly.

"22!"
"Shots you've had?"
"Jesus, we're not dead, Tommy."
"Is that lethal?"
"Yes. Trust me. I've gotten close to the limit."
"Not poggers."

Techno devolved into a giggling fit and hung off of Wilbur's shoulder. Tommy stared skeptically before sitting next to Phil.

"So you lot are completely wasted. Why?"
"Wouldn't you like to know, nerd."
"Yeah! Tell 'im!"
"Jesus they're gone. I don't really know why they got alcohol but they were drinking when I woke up so I joined."