Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Here," Daniel handed Rosana a hotdog, his breathing slightly haggard from climbing on top of the rock where she sat looking at the ocean with a book in her hand and a small flashlight in the other.

She put the flashlight carefully next to her, hoping that it wouldn't fall off and land in the water.

"Thanks, Danny." Rosana took the hotdog appreciatively, she was starving.

"Hmm, this is not bad."

Daniel laughed at his sister who took a huge bite from the hotdog and then shook his head, "You should have told me you were so hungry. I would have asked the guys to let me go first."

Rosana shook her head, her mouth full before she swallowed, "It's fine."

"Do you want to join us?" Daniel asked hopefully.

"I'll pass on watching you eye flirt with the blonde and bonding with your buddies. Plus, I'm almost done with my book."

Rosana turns her head to Daniel when he lets out a sigh. She didn't want him to worry about her. And if his guy friends didn't eye her breasts every time she moved and tried to flirt with her when Daniel was distracted, she might have joined them just to make Danny happy. Maybe.

Then she thought back to the boys she befriended, okay, they weren't any better but they didn't make her feel uncomfortable and there was always respect in their gazes when they looked at her. She was definitely being biased but who cares, as long as she was happy, right.

"When I'm done with my book... I'll consider talking to the girls, happy?"

The things I'll do for my brother, she rolled her eyes with a smile.

Daniel let out a happy yelp and crushed her side into his chest, his arms wrapping around her before he placed a quick kiss against the side of her head. This was the first time she ever suggested socializing on her own without him pestering her too much.

Rosana had to hold in a yelp when he pressed on her bruises and bit down on her lip as hard as she could, "Okay, okay, go away now, you idiot." Rosana laughed slightly to cover up the pain. Putting that aside, she was glad to see him so enthusiastic, glad that his spirits were raised. A day at the beach really helped him to see that moving here wasn't that bad of an idea. Especially since he already had his eye on someone. He sure does move on fast.

"Thanks, Rose!" Daniel called as he made his way down the rock as fast as he could without falling.

Rosana shook her head at his antics and finished her hotdog while watching the gentle crashing of the waves against the rocks below. She turned her head to make sure her brother got down okay and watched as he spoke and interacted with his friends.

She smiled and finished off the last of the hotdog before lifting up her flashlight to continue reading as she moves to lay down against the rock. Reading under the stars with the sound of the ocean nearby and her brother not far away having fun, she felt good. Better than good but it would have been better if the boys were here. They would probably do the dumbest of things. The thought made her laugh softly before her mind went to Johnny, the smile fading from her lips.

She shook her head as she felt disappointment course through her at the thought of him still having feelings for his ex-girlfriend. And she was slightly hurt that he wouldn't wear the headband she gave him. She finally took a step out of her shell and bam! He practically told her that he wouldn't wear the headband because he already had one that was given to him by someone he cares about.

She shook her head again, she can't think like that. She became friends with Bobby and Tommy and Jimmy, and Dutch as well! Stepping out of her comfort bubble wasn't for nothing.