Chapter 31 Part 1

(unedited)

Amanda's P.O.V

Please God no. Why her of all people? The Moon Goddess could have chosen anybody, but noooo she has to choose the worst person for him.

"Long time no see," Ray's mate greeted me. My paranoia was sensing sarcasm, but I could have been just imagining it.

"Hello Mara, it has been a long time indeed," I said in the same tone as she did. She didn't look any different from a few days ago. The same dull green eyes and matted blonde hair.

We stared at each other, analyzing and attempting to make the other feel lower, but everyone around us were oblivious to our little competition.

"Oh! Amanda! Perfecting timing," Ray exclaims after finally taking his eyes off of Mara. "I'd like for you to meet my mate, Mara? Isn't she so amazing?" his eyes went back to fixating on Mara, love evident through all of his features.

It was painfully obvious that he was already in love. Hopelessly whipped. Completely in her control. It's already too late. He's too far gone.

Mara gives me a kind smile that I'm not sure if I can trust.

"I just wanted to apologize for my terrible attitude towards to before. It was very immature of me and I was just so jealous of your unconventional beauty. I hope we can get past this like the adults we need to be not only for both our benefits, but my mate-your brother-as well," to say I was shocked would have been an understatement. Did I believe her? I honestly don't know. Mara looked so genuine when saying this. Should I believe her? Have I underestimated her? Should I give her a second chance?

She turns her body towards everyone eyes wearing a kid in a candy store smile.

"Could you all leave my soon-to-be stepsister and I alone for a couple moments?" everyone nodded their heads and left to wherever they needed to go.

As soon as the last person was gone, Mara roughly grabbed my wrist and practically dragged me outside. Once we were a pretty good distance from the mansion, she makes a sharp turn around to face me. Her sweet, caring smile gone and replaced with an evil, conniving one. I was right. She hasn't changed one bit.

"Finally," she says more to herself then me.

"What's going on?" I asked, beginning to become impatient.

"Selfish b*tch!" she yells. A crazy look is in her eyes. "You stole my mate from me!" her mate? Conlan?

"Your mate is my brother, Ray," I stated, hoping she would stop this insane notion. "Please stop with these stupid games so we can all live peacefully and happily? Is that too much to ask?" she spoke on like I hadn't said anything.

"The Moon Goddess can make mistakes," she stated it like it was a fact.

"Look," I started. "You haven't known my brother for long, heck, I haven't either, but I can tell he's truly a great guy. I bet, deep deep deeeeeeeep down in your heart you can find away to let the past be in the past and just start your life with my brother and your mate the right way. Okay?" I asked hopefully. No such luck. Instead of agreeing with me like I had hoped, she just gave me a menacing scowl.

"You stole the love of my life. You will pay," she smirked evilly. "Now that I have your brother with me hands and feet acting like a lost puppy, I can so easily crush his spirits like a helpless little bug," she claps her hands together dramatically. "Splat. Dead," like its out of a movie, she tilts her head back and laughs like a crazy woman. Though she's doesn't seem that far from becoming one.

"You wouldn't! You can't! He's your mate!" I screamed at her, trying to convince myselfas well as Mara. She gives me a fake look of pity and clicks her tongue.

"Sweet sweet Amanda. You're underestimating my ability,"

"Why are you telling me this right now if I can just go and tell Ray everything you just told me?" I asked curiously. Either she's really stupid or an evil genius and I have a bad feeling that it's the second choice.

"Who do you think he'll believe?" she asks rhetorically. "A girl he just met and fell in love with instantly. Or someone who has a grudge against him and has a reason to hurt him," no. She's not right...is she? He would be like that, right? Of course he will. Ugh. Why can't Mara be an idiot like every other villain in those stupid princess fairy tales? "Face it. You've lost. I've won. Now you get to watch someone you loves live through a slow and painful death," she gives me a final smirk before walking back inside.

Once I came out of my state of shock, I ran inside as well and made my way to Rays room. Once I came to my destination, I heard talking and immediately recognized them as Mara and Ray. I listened in hope that Ray might choose right, though it was becoming lesser and lesser by the second.

"I know we've just met, but I feel like I've known you my whole life," Mara lies. Though I have to give it to her, she's a really good actress. If this villain stuff doesn't work out, she should try something in that field.

"I-I think I love you," I hear Ray stutter. No, no, no, no! It's too late! He's too far gone!

"I knew I loved you the second I laid my eyes on you," okay that was a little too cheesy. Even if I didn't know she was lying, that's pretty suspicious. I don't think I can save him now. He's too far gone.

A/N:

Yea, yea, yea. It's short and late. I'm sorry. I will do better next time. Also no short story today, I'm out of ideas. If you have any, please private message me!!! (Or comment). Hope you guys enjoyed. Let's try for 30K. Nothing too extravagant and very reasonable. Goodbye fellow readers and have a terrific Tuesday!