Chapter 13 - Fury and rage

"This is horrendous," Loki hands the hot dog back to you.

"Your loss, man, I think these are great," Walking down vibrant Manhattan, there was a gunshot from a store. "Armour up, horns,"

Green overtook you both to reveal Asgardian armour, a few gasp at the sight of Loki but focus back on the shouting and shattering glass.

"How do approach this, dove?"

"With class, my prince," a spear spins in your hand, banging against the ground with blue electricity buzzing at the spear tip. "Afternoon," guns pointed your way, not a flinch earned from either of you.

"Get down, LARP,"

"Live action role play," you inform Loki who hums. "As cool as this would be in a LARP, I'm afraid this is a more serious matter,"

"Don't be a hero, bitch, get down,"

"That isn't any way to talk to a lady," Loki growled, daggers forming in his hands.

"Now, now, Lokes, it was just a bad choice of words," you push him back.

"I wasn't being nice, get down before I shoot you in your legs,"

"That would be quite the hassle to take care of... you got me, I'll get down,"

"What are you-?" Loki followed your lead as a gunman rounded behind you, kicking you down onto your hands and knees.

"You got a nice ass, slut," he cackles in amusement as you held Loki back from attacking.

"Last female ass you'll see for a long time, buddy," Your foot slides across, knocking him off his feet as Loki bolted up with you. "Anyone else want to be make a comment?"

The first shot fired, as it sped your way, a sudden forced changed it into a butterfly. "The hell?"

"A simple disappearing spell would have worked, dove, no need to show off,"

"Yeah, but I like butterflies," gunman 1's trigger was pulled, a flag saying 'bang' shot out. "Joker?"

"The Spiderling was persistent," Loki shrugs, catching the gun that was flung at him. "Really? That's all you got?"

The previously thought to be unconscious gunman 2 leaped onto the green god as gunman 1 ran at you.

~~~

"Thank you, officers," you waved the criminals goodbye as they were driven off with bruised faces. "That was fun,"

A shimmer of green came over you and Loki changing you both back to your casual clothing. "It was uneventful,"

"Oh quiet, you had fun setting his pants on fire,"

"Maybe..." the god held back a grin as reporters rushed over.

"Y/n!"

"Y/n!"

"Is this Loki from 2012?"

"Why is he here?"

"Why isn't he killing anyone?"

"Are you under mind control?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Will he be resuming his plans for world domination?"

"Allfather help me..." you look back at the suffocating crowd. "All I can say is-"

"Is that this interview is over," Of course Fury had to show up. "Get in the car,"

Slipping into the van, Coulson stood with a glare on Loki. "Agent Coulson, no hard feelings?" was all Loki could mutter to try and soothe the tension.

~~~

"You Mother Fuckers kept the fact that Loki was on earth?!"

"Well... you never asked," Pietro squeaked.

"Shut your mouth, snail," Fury snapped before turning to Maria. "Agent Hill, will you please get through their thick skulls that this is a serious issue?"

"He hasn't done anything bad, so-"

"Say what?"

"Yeah what? Are you taking our side?" Tony was flabbergasted.

"I'm not taking anyone's side, I'm just stating that... Loki has been here for a few months, he hasn't tried to take over the world again, hasn't killed anyone--to our knowledge-- and has actually been a peaceful citizen,"

"Thank you, Hill," Steve mumbles. "He's not a bad guy, and 2012 really wasn't his fault..."

"Wasn't his fault? I'm sorry but I think I remember vividly that it was his green and gold ass that nearly killed me!" Fury slammed his hand against the table as Loki's own hand raced to clutch yours.

"My brother was not of his right mind, he was under the control of another higher being,"

"I swear to god, if you say Jesus Christ controlled him I'm shooting all of you in the knees," Fury warned the lot a Loki's hand gripped tighter.

"Loki, you want to take over?" Clint looks to the god who seemed to be too frozen.

"Lokes," his eyes were watery, the skin puffing peachy in colour. "Loki?"

"I... Uhm," his lips muttered, he didn't freeze up often but something about this situation, the shouting, blaming, it got to him. "Loki-" and he was gone.

"Where the fuck did he go?" Fury spun around, hand on his holster.

"You guys clear things up, I'll find him,"

~~~

"Loki?" you moved around through the darkness for a light switch until a small flamed ignited the candles. Loki preferred the candle light to blinding LED, it was much more warm and comforting.

"I'm sorry, dove, that was rather silly of me," he sat upon the window bench, taking in the view of his fidgeting hands.

"No, no, don't be sorry," gliding to his side using the little light for guidance, you sat close, kissing his knuckles softly, but they were icy cold. "How you reacted was valid, everyone understood,"

"But did the director? I doubt that he would, I mean I did nearly kill him-"

"Don't talk like that," the light was too far to really see him, really see what he looked like. "You are strong, my prince, so very strong,"

He chuckles softly unable to fight back freezing tears which stuck to his face. "Are you not cold?"

"It feels like Jotunheim..." then it dawned on you. "Are you... in your Jotun form?"

"I am, dove, but feel it's best not to scare you,"

A pout formed on your face. "Show me, I'm not scared,"

~~~

Jotun Loki

Jotun Loki

- Anna ❤️