you've seduced the king for the kingdom

You hold back your recoil for him as you kiss him one last time. Your dark red lipstick leaving a stain on his lips. He smiles at you as you stroke his grey hair, and then you sit up, putting your black dress on once again.

As he rambles on about his problems, his life, his pain, you gently reach towards your right heel, taking off the bottom of the stiletto to reveal a sharp thin knife. It's beautiful, elegant, fit to kill the King of the Kingdom, you guess.

Now that you're married this is the only thing holding you back from sole power. Yes being the wife of a King is fun and all, but Queen of the Kingdom is a whole different type of fun.

Slowly you turn around, clasping the red heel tight, as he lies there, so still. You look at him as he watches you but something is different, something is wrong.

He looks gleeful, ecstatic, and with shock you realise there is a dagger in his hands too.

"No." You say. It's over. He knows and now it's either you die or both of you. 

But he just smiles at you, a smug, winning smile. And you can finally see the appeal he had in his younger days. And then he holds the dagger towards your neck, leaning close. 

"Good luck ruling this bankrupt kingdom. Thank you for taking this burden." Then he leans back on the bed, and you watch in horror as he stabs himself, right through the heart.

You scream in shock as you shake him, "Wake up!" You shout at him, "Wake up!"

His eyes open wide, a toothy grin as blood falls from his lips, mixing with your lipstick from before. "Why do you think I married you?" He says, eyes fluttering closed. "Guess we had the same plan."

You watch in horror as he gasps for breath, until finally he's dead.

You scream, clutching your heart. This isn't what you wanted. You wanted power, riches, gold. Now all you have is a ruined castle. One you now are responsible for.

As the guards run in, gently raising the Kings body, he smiles at you even in the death. The maids usher you out of the room, dressing you in a beautiful red dress, placing a heavy crown gracefully on your head.

You walk alone, onto the balcony. Greeting all your people. Thousands and thousands who chant the same thing over and over. Leaving you in your own self made hell.

"Long live the Queen."

--- 

this is one of my favourites <3

Please remember to vote! And comment if you can!!<3