Part 2

The only thing you managed to see before Hans dragged you through the side door was panicked people and glass pieces everywhere the floor. Everything happened so fast, you didn't manage to react. You were now both hiding in a small room behind a secret door that was facing the side gardens of the palace. Hans was talking with one of his men through a walkie talkie while you were sitting on the desk watching out of the window. The garden was covered with a big coat of beautiful white snow that was shining under the moonlight creating an image no painter or poet could ever describe. You took a moment to admire the peaceful scenery trying to forget all this mess that you had gotten into. How did you end up here again? After the events of Nakatomi plaza you never expected to spend a crazier Christmas eve party. Yet here you were held hostage by the same German terrorist inside of a Russian palace. A very charming terrorist who you were attracted to despite the hatred you had for him. But did you really hate Hans Gruber?

You turned to look at Hans who had finish talking.

"Now what big brain?" you asked him and crossed your arms on your chest.

"Now we wait for the signal." he simply replied sat down behind the desk.

"So that's your genius plan Gruber? To sit here hidden like a small rat?" you smiled sarcastically and crossed your arms on your chest. He looked at you with those dark eyes; that empty look that always scared you. Nevertheless you didn't show any fear and just looked him back and continued without breaking eye contact.

"Like seriously I expected more than that from the great criminal that robbed Nakatomi tower. But I guess I overestimated you. You're just some coward who lets his men do all of the dirty work afraid hell ruin his shiny suit."

Before you could do anything Hans had stood up from the desk and came close to you. His one hand on your throat while with his other he was holding his gun. You felt the cold metallic touch of the gun on the skin of your neck and his dark gaze upon you.

"Verdammt dummes Mädchen." he whispered close to your face. You felt his grip becoming tighter making it for you hard to breath. You quickly put your hand into the side cut of your dress where you were hiding a pocket knife. You pulled out the knife and pointed his sharp end onto Hans's lower stomach.

"Its Los Angeles all over again huh?" he said looking down at him. You dragged the dagger lower and pushed it slightly on the expensive fabric of his pants.

"If you dont wanna say goodbye to this let me go." you managed to say while gasping for air and you pushed the dagger a little more. Hans smiled and left you collapse on the floor trying to find your breath. He then proceeded to take the knife from the carpet and sat back to his seat completely calm and collected. Like nothing had happened.

You managed to compose yourself and you stood up fixing your dress.

"Its pretty." you heard him say. "Its small and deadly and it matches your dress." you couldnt believe your ears. He was just sitting there commenting on your knife.

"I still prefer guns though", Hans put the dagger down before grabbing his gun," so much more efficient."

"Well then you wont mind when I shoot your ass." you replied angrily. This man frustrated you. He was charming and terrifying at the same time, a psychotic son of a bitch who you wanted to bush his skull open or kiss him like your life depended on it.

"No you won't." he said calmly.

"Oh I will. I am hoping for this moment from that Christmas eve back in Los Angeles." you tried to sound convincing.

"You had many opportunities to do so from the moment we started dancing", the handsome German paused and made a few steps coming closer," yet you didnt. Just like in Los Angeles." he continued now standing right in front of you. The room was so ridiculously quiet that you could even hear your heartbeat. His breathing was slow and calm. His face was so close you could study all his features. His sharp cheekbones, his big nose, his hazel eyes looking deep into your soul. You remembered another time two years ago when you two had come this close, maybe a little more.