𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. FINISH THIS

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENFINISH THIS

FINISH THIS

§ § §

The first thing I heard after returning to life was Bellatrix trying to help Voldemort up. So much for a warm welcome home.

Don't open your eyes or anything. Just stay dead, Harry told me. I was excited when I realized that Voldemort no longer had any part of us, so we could talk feely telepathically without him intruding.

Footsteps came closer to where Harry and I were lying, facing away from the group.

Well. This was unfortunate.

"Are they dead?" Bellatrix asked from a few feet away.

Not daring to open my eyes, the person who had walked over crouched and put their hand over my heart.

"Is he alive?" The person asked, barely over a whisper. "Draco, is he alive?"

Narcissa. I nodded ever so slightly, careful not to move too much. She left to check Harry's heart, then got to her feet.

I held my breath, waiting for a second, and then; "Dead."

The next thing I knew, I was forcing myself to stay still and not let my eyelids flutter as Harry and I were dragged over and thrown into Hagrid's arms, next to each other.

Voldemort told his followers that they were going to go to Hogwarts now, and so that's what they did.

Not being able to let Hagrid know we were alive was the worst, because he kept sniffing and a few large tears dropped onto us, but there was no way to tell him safely.

So we stayed still and silent for the whole walk out of the forest and back to what I assumed was the Hogwarts courtyard. 

There were more footsteps on the other side of the courtyard, and I could only imagine all our friends running out only to see us "dead". It was awful.

"Who is that Hagrid's carrying?" I heard Ginny ask. "Neville, who is it?"

"The Potter twins are dead!" Voldemort cried victoriously.

Ginny instantly yelled, "No!", but Voldemort waved his wand and called out, "Silence!"

"Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. Giovanna Potter is dead. From this day forward, you put your faith in me."

Do you have a wand? Harry asked me.

I focused on my jacket pockets, where I could feel my wand resting. Yeah. Do you?

No. I think it rolled away when I fell.

That was a problem. Nothing much we could do right now, though.