5.01

Mark woke up during the night to the sound of his girlfriend talking

Mark woke up during the night to the sound of his girlfriend talking. However, instead of the usual quiet mumbling, her voice was louder and panicked.

"Lee?" The man asked, still half asleep.

"Please... stop, stop!" She mumbled, her voice trembling as she shut her eyes tighter.

At that, Mark's head shot up, unaware of the fact that she was simply dreaming. "Lee, what is it?" He asked. However, as he looked to the girl and noticed her still sleeping, the pounding in his chest grew quieter.

"Get off of me... por favor... para!" She mumbled, begging the person in her dreams to stop in a mix of Portuguese and English. "Stop... don't! Please..." She was now crying and moving around in her bed, almost like struggling to break free.

"Lee, sweetheart." Mark called out, putting a hand on her shoulder. At that, Helena quickly opened her eyes, her head shooting up as she took panted. As she looked around, her eyes filled with fear, the man took her into a hug. "You're ok. It's just a dream, you're ok."

As Mark held the girl, she felt her small frame trembling in his arms. When she moved to wipe her tears away, she pulled away from him, now calmer.

"Mark, I'm... I'm so sorry I woke you." She whispered in the darkness of her room.

"Hey, it's fine, doll. It's fine, I've got you." He answered, putting a hand on her cheek. "Wanna talk about it?"

"I'm fine, honey, don't worry. I'm ok, just go back to sleep." She reassured him, putting her head down on her pillow, facing away from her boyfriend. The man looked at the back of her head for a few seconds, worry on his eyes, before he let his head flop down on his pillow.

"Good night." Mark whispered back to her, closing his eyes.

As she heard her boyfriend's breaths becoming deeper, she let a few silent tears run down her face, taking her hand to her mouth in order to keep quiet.

——

As Helena came back to her room after showering, Mark still in the bathroom, she saw Derek in it, measuring the room. The man had moved in a few days before.

"Hi!" She greeted, a bit startled.

"Hi, sorry." He apologized.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked, clearly confused, as she took the towel off of her damp hair.

"Oh, just getting measures for the new bed." He answered, getting back to his measuring.

"The...new bed?"

Just then, Mark came into the room as well, planting a kiss on the girl's cheek.