49| Strict Rules

Started writing on 12th January 2021.
Completed on 12th January 2021.
Word count : 3050 words
_______________________

- N A T A S H A -

"Are you sure?"

"About what?" He asked.

"About meeting my parents."

"Don't you want to meet them?"

"I mean, do you want to want them?"

"Why won't I? We've already taken our relationship to the next level. There's no point in hiding it."

"Hmm..."

"And there's no point in backing out when we've already reached there." He said and I looked out, only to see the area covered with green trees and mountains. "Which way do we have to take now?"

"Left on the first diversion and then right and then left."

"Okay." He said. Driving through the way, he changed the directions and we finally reached the place; my parents home, where I grew up. "Let's go." He said and picked all the gifts from the back seat before we walked inside.

As I rang the bell, mum came out and opened the door. "Natasha!" She came out and hugged me tightly. "I was missing you so badly."

"Me too."

"Come inside. Your dad wants to talk to you both."

"Good evening auntie." He greeted mum.

"Good evening beta. Not auntie but mum for you." She said and he nodded. As we went inside, I saw dad sitting on the couch with glasses settled on his nose while reading newspaper. "Look who's here." Mum called dad.

"Natasha!" He kept his paper on the table and hugged me tightly, "You really took a long time to reach here."

"Weather was not well. We had to stop in the way."

"Okay."

"Good evening sir." Dhruv greeted him.

"Good evening." Dad said and looked at him, "Dhruv?"

"You both know each other?" I asked when they looked at each other as if they were long-lost brothers.

"He was my student." Dad said and he nodded.

"Student?"

"Hmm..."

"Was he a good student?" I asked and he nodded. "What was his rank?"

"Natasha, let's eat something first. We can discuss this later." Mum said. "Wash your hands and come to eat. Food is almost ready." Washing our hands, we sat around the dining table after serving food.

"So Dhruv and Natasha. How did you two meet?" Dad asked.

"We met in a party hosted by my sister few months ago."

"When did you two went into a relationship?"

"Almost three months back."