XXII

Whiffler

Whiffler

"If not because of me, you'll never have an attempt to get the winning place."

Calista turned her head to Ashanti, who was currently grinning her teeth while looking at her. She put a smirk to her lips, trying to cover the madness in her face. The situation was giving her the irritation she never had for the past days.

"It was surprising for you not to havoc while I'm presenting. Looks like you already knew it before the competition started -- ah no, even on the day the ideas were stolen from you." It was quite disappointing for her plan to not succeed, but it was not a big deal anymore. Nagulat pa rin si Ashanti sa ginawa niya.

"I guess you didn't notice that I ignored the issue of a maid taking the flash drive for you. Have you heard someone get kicked out of the mansion yet? No. Whoever the thief is, I don't really care. I have better ideas than what you got."

It made Calista run out of words. Her sister was right, she got busy with the information Victoria gave to her that's why she did not have the time to ask the maids about Ashanti.

Ashanti then put her arms crossed. "A simple 'thank you' will do."

Calista still did not speak. She created a bawl on her fist, on her limit to burst out, and Ashanti witnessed it. She then tapped Calista's shoulder as she walked past her.

"Sorry, but you cannot deceive the deceiver."

A fine night, days before the contest, Ashanti was sipping her tea when Maeann entered. She was clueless why her Young Miss called her unexpectedly. Did she need anything? But the snack and tea was already put in the room.

"Young Miss-"

"I need you to do something."

Maeann's brows narrowed. This was the first time her Young Miss gave her another job, and she was certain it was not just an ordinary job.

"Yes, anything, Young Miss. May kinalaman po ba ito sa pag-aaral mo?

"Technically, yes." Ashanti put down her tea before continuing. "The voting for Concorso di affari del college will be tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be the representative of Franklin."

Maeann blinked her eye, still confused. "A-ah, advance congratulations, Young Miss."

"Calista will talk to you, saying she can make your father freed from jail in exchange for stealing my flash drive." Ashanti showed her the new flash drive she would use for the presentation. Maeann, who was currently in shock, immediately bowed and shook her head.