red lights, stop signs

RED LIGHTS, STOP SIGNS

the five times jisoo loved taehyung, and the one time he didn't.

Kim Jisoo meets Kim Taehyung in the middle of the street.

It's August, and although today's weather was predicted to be cloudy, the sun had other plans. It glares at her from above that the extremely hot weather had her jittery--to the point where she almost crashes her car (technically, it was the driving school's car, but still). With one foot pressed on the brake and white knuckles gripping the steering wheel, she feels the sudden kick of adrenaline leaving her body and her normal thought process coming back and Jesus fucking Christ, she almost hit someone. On her first day of driving school.

"Oh my god," she begins as her hands struggle to remove the seatbelt holding her down--fuck, this fucking thing is so fucking tight, "shit. Shit, I'm so sorry," she rambles when she finally opens the car door, "I am so sorry, God, I'm so- are you hurt? Did I hit you?" Jisoo stumbles towards the man standing in front of the car with his hands covering his face in a poor attempt of protection. "Are you okay?"

The man peeks from between his hands as if to check. "I--"Seeing as the car finally stopped, he releases a long breath and combs his hair back. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

And damn, Jisoo doesn't usually say this but wow, this man is totally just her type.

"Are you sure?" she prods, eyes scanning his body for injuries--and well, maybe to check him out but no, injuries first. "I was kinda driving fast."

He shakes his head. "Don't worry, it's alright. I'm ok-" The car door from the passenger seat shuts behind her, and Jisoo is suddenly reminded of her 49 year old driving instructor. Fuckity fuck.

"Miss Kim!" He calls out with his gruff voice that had her close her eyes instantly. Oh no, she'll fail for sure, shit. "Take this, don't bother coming back!" She hears the sound of a paper ripping and then the next thing, the car door closes again. Ah, he's leaving her, fuck.

The guy she almost hit suddenly raises his hand and catches something mid-air. Jisoo squints enough to see that it was her driving report. He holds it in front of his face with a grimace (how can someone look so good while grimacing?!). "It says..." he murmurs, then gulps.

Jisoo knows what he's going to say next. "I failed, didn't I?"

He nods. "Yeah, I'm... I'm sorry."

She sighs sadly, her mood a huge contrast to the bright, sunny weather. This is the fourth time she's failed and after everything that has happened, she decides she'll never do this again. Fuck this driving shit. If she has to walk for the rest of her life, then be it.

"Yeah, it's fine, don't worry." Not even Mr. Handsome's face can lift her mood up. "I'll just... I'll just go." She looks around, trying to familiarize herself with the area. Her dorm is probably just a bus ride away, so she nods to herself. "I'm sorry again."