Chapter 24

Day: 400

Days Left: 5080

Lives Saved: 2

"You'll be begging me to release you from the pain," hushed Bryce.

Corinna reached out her hand through her gagging and cries, attempting to retrieve her spear that she had dropped.

A metal claw clamped around her arm and squeezed it. Corinna screeched, her entire body trembling.

"Naughty, naughty," sang Bryce. "How about I give you an offer, blondie? I might just forgive you for that if you beg enough. Beg me to stop the pain, and I'll make it all go away."

"Never!" spat Corinna through gritted teeth. Even just one word was difficult to utter. Her body jerked and jolted as the pain continued to surge through her veins.

Bryce tuttered. "Come on, blondie. I'm giving you a peaceful option. I'm giving you another chance to survive, but you're throwing it away. Everything that is happening to you right now, you only have yourself to blame. So, let's hear it!"

Corinna shook her head; every breath she took was like a blade slicing through her throat.

"No, I told you..." The metal scorpion's multiple legs pierced into Corinna's limbs, pinning her down even more. "I wanted you to beg!"

The young woman's screams drowned out Bryce's voice.

"I do not hear any begging!" Bryce's metal claw tightened around Corinna's right arm, her skin growing pale from the lack of circulation.

Corinna remained unresponsive, too consumed by the venom's pain and her the metal claw clamping onto her arm to make any sort of retort.

"I said, beg!" The metal claw once again tightened its grip around Corinna's arm, and she heard a soft crunch of bone.

Panting, Corinna gazed up at Bryce, her eyes cold and vacant. Despite being in agonising pain, she remained still like a doll, expressionless.

"I said, BEG!" Bryce snapped his claw shut and chopped off Corinna's arm.

The young woman wailed and screeched as she saw the stump of her arm and the large volumes of blood gushing out of it like a fountain.

"I told you to beg, blondie." Bryce stepped back, releasing the young woman, cackling as he saw her cradle her stump of an arm.

Corinna attempted to starch the blood flow by tearing off a part of her dress and wrapping it around her arm but to no avail.

"Oh, blondie..." Bryce cooed. "You only have yourself to blame-"
A gold light burst out from Corinna. It flared out and lit up the entire room.

The metal scorpion groaned and retreated, monetarily blinded by it. Once Bryce's eyes adjusted, he froze, seeing a gold and featureless mask on the young woman's face. The mask glinted with a resplendent golden glow.

"Huh... so you do have a mask after all," Bryce scoffed, feigning confidence as he raised his tail and snapped his pincers. "But you're still no match for me, blondie!" He charged forwards, his stinger ready to strike when a hand caught it and stopped him in his tracks.

Corinna slowly rose, still restraining the metal scorpion's tail with just one hand. She gazed down at herself; her entire body was covered in a gold metallic substance.

Though he could not see her face due to the blank and featureless mask Corinna now wore, Bryce somehow sensed that the young woman was smiling. The metal scorpion attempted to free his tail but failed as it was held tightly by Corinna.