First date and demonic rituals

When I opened my eyes again, I was in a different part of the island. It was still the island Bill and I normally meet on, but this was a part I had never seen. I turned around and saw Bill with a picnic.

"Hey (y/n), thought we should get to know each other a little bit, so I made us a meal." Bill patted the spot next to him, and I sat down. "So, what do you want to know?"  I grabbed a roll and looked at Bill. He thought for a moment but eventually came up with a pretty good question.

"What do you want more than anything in this life?" The question took me off guard, but I eventually knew the answer.

"What I want more than anything in this life is to find happiness. I'm not happy at home, my parents are always busy, and my siblings ignore me. It's a lot better here, but I still feel like I'm missing something." I leaned into Bill, taking a bite of my roll now and then. "What about you? What do you want more than anything?"

Bill smiled at me and dragged his arm around me, so we were now cuddling. "I want to find love. No one in my entire life has ever truly loved me, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to regain your trust and that you'll learn to love me." My heart nearly melted at his words, and no matter how hard I tried to deny it, I knew he was telling the truth, and that I was beginning to trust him. But I had another question.

"Are there any demonic courting rituals?" Bill laughed, and it sounded nice, not like the mind-numbing laughs I had heard from him before. "Yes, there are. I'm going to try and start them as we start building the cabin, but I will tell you about the final ritual." I looked up at him, and he grabbed my hand, softly massaging it. "When all other rituals are complete, you will receive a Cipher Seal. A charm of protection that appears as a tattoo on your hand. This will tell other demons to stay away from you, and tell me if you are in danger." I nodded, closing my eyes again and relaxing into Bill, listening to his heartbeat.

It was weird, but after only a few days, you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with Bill, and were hoping this wasn't a trick of His to take over your bay again.