Chapter 14

(Y/n), Obi-Wan, and Anakin stood before the Jedi Council and informed them on the situation of the assassin they caught last night, and the Mandalorian they saw.

"Track down this bounty hunter you two must, Obi-Wan and (Y/n)." Master Yoda told the two knights. (Y/n) felt a strange sensation course through her at the thought of going on a mission alone with Obi-Wan. She tried to push it aside for the time being and work on her emotions later when she wasn't surrounded by some of the most powerful Jedi in the Temple.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for" Master Windu included.

"What about Senator Amidala?" (Y/n) asked, worried. Padmé was still in danger.

"She will still need protecting." Obi-Wan claimed.

"Handle that, your Padawan will" Yoda said, gesturing towards Anakin. (Y/n) could tell Anakin was trying hard to conceal his true emotions on this assignment while keeping a neutral face.

"Anakin, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees." Windu told him.

"As they leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the Capital." Anakin claimed.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect." Yoda stated for Anakin.

"Anakin, go to the Senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter." Windu finished. The three in the center of the room bowed their heads to the members of the Council, and left the room. However, later, Master Yoda and Master Windu walked with Obi-Wan and (Y/n) as they discussed the matter of the bounty hunter. Obi-Wan had his own troubles, worrying for the well-being of Anakin.

"I am concerned for my padawan. He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet." Obi-Wan stated.

"The Council is confident in it's decision, Obi-Wan." Yoda said from his floating chair.

"The boy has exceptional skills." Windu chimed in.

"But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him, well, arrogant."

"Yes, yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones." Yoda claimed.

"Remember, Obi-Wan, if the prophecy is true, your apprentice is the only one who can bring the Force back into balance." Windu said.

"We need to trust Anakin can do the right thing" (Y/n) said. Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. "Come, we must leave if we are to make the transport and see Anakin off."

(Y/n) and Obi-Wan went their separate ways to pack for their mission. (Y/n) didn't think she would need much, for they weren't staying in one place. Although, she did need one thing right now.

The Evenstar sat neatly on her desk. Picking it up, she was overcome with a vision.

"Obi-Wan, I can't speak about this with you!"

"Why not? (Y/n), ever since Mandalore, you've been acting distant from me! What is going on? I miss you."

"I cannot tell you. It's forbidden. It goes against every vow I've made as a Jedi."

"(Y/n), why is it forbidden?!"

"Because, I love you!!"

(Y/n) gasped as she was brought out of the vision. She fell back onto her bed, wondering why touching the Evenstar showed her that. Shaking her head, she remembered having a dream of Obi-Wan when they first met and they were trapped on Tatooine. R3 rolled over to her, beeping his concern.