Akaashi and the volleyball team

You sighed as you headed to your second day of school. Today you were walking with your cousin Akaashi cause he didnt have any volleyball related stuff this morning. "Y/n, have you made any new friends" he asks. You shake your head, turning to look at him. "No, but theres already people who hate me" you say with a small laugh. "Wanna eat lunch with me and the volleyball team then?" he asked suddenly. "Sure, if thats ok" you say smiling. He nods and you guys arrive to the school where you parted ways. You headed to your first class and sat down quietly. On the board there were supplies you needed for today, so you got them all out and neatly put them on your desk. You then scrolled through your phone waiting for class to start. Except that didnt last long because then you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around to see the long dark brown haired girl named Rey. "Hi y/n" she says happily. "Oh hello" you respond setting your phone down. "I wonder what we are gonna do today" she then says leaning against the desk beside you. "Yeah" you respond with a small smile. "Well the teachers here so Im gonna head to my seat, cya!" she then says waving and heading to the back of the class. You give her a small wave and then turned to the front of the room.

It was now math class and as you headed to your class where you saw Akaashi walking towards you with the silvered hair boy. You wave at him with a little smile and he waves back. Bokuto just stood there confused. "You know y/n?" he then says as they walked over to you. "Yeah shes my older cousin" Akaashi says and you nod. You then give a little wave gesture and headed into the classroom.

In the middle of class you felt a tap on your shoulder and turned around to meet Bokutos eyes. "Yes?" you whispered softly. "Akaashi said you were gonna sit with us at lunch, are you still planning to?" he asks and you nod your head then turning back to face the board.

Bokutos pov-

She turned back around before I could say anything else, but we were in the middle of class so I didnt take it to personally. 'I really wanna talk with her more' I thought resting my cheek in my hand looking at my paper. I looked back up at the back of y/ns head to see her hard at work on the paper infront of her. 'Maybe I can ask her for help later' I though smiling a little bit.

Your pov-

You finished the assignment that was given and had the teacher check it. Once she did and said it was good you were given free time. You put away your other stuff and then pulled out your reading glasses and (book of your choice). You put on your glasses and opened back up to the place you left off. You hadnt realized until a little bit ago that the girls that came up to you at lunch were in this class with you. You could hear some whispers and you were pretty sure you herd your name a couple times. You just sighed trying to focus on the pages of the book. But that didnt last long because you were then tapped on the shoulder once again. You put your bookmark in your book and turned around towards bokuto. "Hey sorry, could you help me with this problem" he says pointing at his paper. "Oh sure" you say standing up and coming over to his side. You then started explaining and showing him how to do it. "Ohhh ok I see, thank you" he then said smiling. "No problem, Im happy to help whenever" you respond with a smile. "I like your glasses" he then said surprising you. "Oh thanks" you say blushing a little. 'Why did that make me blush' you thought to yourself. You then helped bokuto finish the worksheet and then he started little conversations with you. It was very different then what you were used to but it felt nice. That was until you felt eyes glaring at you. You looked around the room and saw the silvered hair girl from yesterday glaring at you. Bokuto noticed that your mind was somewhere else and he also turned around to see what you were looking at. The silvered hair girl immediately put on a big smile and waved at Bokuto. 'Oh I see' you thought knowing she probably hated you because Bokuto chose to talk to you. You just sighed, making Bokuto look at you. "You good" he asks and you nod your head. "Yep, just thinking" you said with a little giggle. 

Time skip to lunch~

'I dont think this is a good idea' you thought to yourself standing at the doors to the crowded cafeteria. "Yo y/n, over here" you heard a familiar voice say and looked to see Bokuto waving. You hurried over to where he was and saw Akaashi, taking a seat next to him. "Whos this" one of the other boys says taking a bite of his food. "This is y/n, my cousin" Akaashi says and you give a little wave. All of them then started talking about volleyball, and all the new games coming up. "We just need to find a manager for this year" one of the boys said sighing. 'Mom did say I had to join a club' you thought to yourself, before maybe offering. "What about y/n, could you be our manager" Bokuto said standing up and leaning over the table. "Oh uh- sure, I think that could be fun" you said a little embarrassed. "Awesome!" all of them yelled smiling and laughing. "Now we can show off to all the other schools we have a hot manager" one of the boy says making your face go bright red. 'What have I gotten myself into' you then thought mentally face palming. 

Time skip to after school~

You were now standing next to the volleyball coach as he explained what you would be doing as the manager. You held a clipboard in your hand taking notes and watching all of them practice. After he finished explaining he had you help toss balls to the players. You threw your hair up into a messy bun (if your hair is shorter you can do something else). They practiced receives next and you ran around collecting all of the balls. And handing them to the coach so he could hit them. All of them were pretty good at it so you didnt do it for very long.

It was now a water break and you were handing out water bottles to them all. "Thank you" they all said taking it from you. You responded with a soft, "Your welcome" and a small smile. "How you liking it so far" Bokuto said coming over to you handing you the empty water bottle so you could put it away. "Its defiantly different from what Im use to, but Im liking it. It gives me something to do" you say looking up at him giving him a smile. You then turned back to collect all the other water bottles and fill them up. Little did you know Bokuto stood there watching you with a light blush on his cheeks. "Bokuto get your head out of the clouds and get over here!" the coach then yelled and he immediately ran over. You looked back and laughed a little bit.

As you filled up the water bottles you hummed (favorite song) to your self with a little smile on your face. You then heard footsteps getting close to you and you turned to see the silvered hair girl walking towards you, and she did not look happy. "How did you do it? How did you become there manager" she said grabbing the collar of your shirt. "Oh... Akaashis my cousin so he asked if I could" you say starting to freak out a bit. She let go making a 'tch' noise but stayed glaring at you. "Im Silvia and you better not forget that" she then said turning around and storming off. You waited till she was all the way gone and you finally felt like you could breathe again. You leaned against the wall closing your eyes and focused on your breathing. "Crap" you said under your breath trying to stop the feeling of crying that was coming. You quickly got all of the water bottles and headed back in with your head down.

Practice was over and you were still a little freaked out from earlier. It seemed like everyone noticed something was wrong but you just kept your head low avoiding them. "Good practice today, make sure to thank y/n for becoming the manager" the coach said and then all of them said thank you. You nod your head looking up a bit. "You ok y/n" Akaashi said coming up to you after they separated. "Yeah sorry, had an encounter with the girl who already hates me" you say letting out a shaky breath. He made an 'oh' shape with his mouth. "I think I might know who your talking about" he said making you look up at him confused. "Was it Silvia" he then said and you nodded looking back down at the ground. "Dont bother with her, shes obsessed with Bokuto and has been trying to become the manager to only get closer to him, but she just doesnt fit the job" he says wiping his forehead. "Oh ok, I see" you then say your mood brightening up a little bit. 

You all finished cleaning up and were now all walking to the front of the school. "See you guys tomorrow" Konoha says waving and walking down the street with a couple other boys. You all wave and the rest of you headed forward to where you all lived. You were smiling again as you all talked.

Once you arrived home you got showered and changed and headed down for dinner. "Hi sweetie, how was it" you mom asks finishing up the food. "It was good, its different but I kind of like it" you say smiling a little bit. (B/n) then came in and sat down across from you. He stuck his tongue out at you which you returned and then you both laughed. You had a good bond with all of your family. You dad then came in and you all ate and talked about everyone's day happily. 

This could be the start of something good....

Thanks for reading! There might be some more bullying parts to add some spice to the story. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed, till next time! ~London