Chapter 8 - Oh Shit...

Daemon POV

Something was off today, again. My wolf was just barely standing at the forefront of my mind, which was insane considering he hadn't come out for a long time. And the fact that he was excited was even more off-putting. He knew something I didn't and I didn't like it. And he wasn't giving me any hints as to what it was.

I did my normal Monday routine. Work, home, and then absolutely nothing for the rest of the night.

Work had been stressful too, the Bitch seeming to hate me even more for some reason today. She'd loaded basically everything she could onto me, and I was drowning in papers. When I had finally finished my work, it was well past closing, meaning I had worked overtime again. With a defeated sigh, knowing the Bitch had won at working me over my limits again, I clocked out and walked home. It was a struggle to keep my eyes open the entire way home but I managed to do it and when my keys were dropped on the table, bag dropped somewhere on the floor, I stumbled into my room and collapsed on my bed. I closed my eyes with a tired sigh, not really caring if I fell asleep right now. The only thing that kept me awake though, was my wolf.

I had kept him quiet for so long, pushing him back and he stayed back too, but now he was fighting me and trying to get to the front of my mind. I hated it, he was excited about something and there was really only one thing he would ever be excited about for no reason. Our mate. There was no way that it could be him though. He didn't know where I was for a reason.

I rolled over onto my back with an angry grunt, pushing the heels of my palms into my eyes. I slowly sat up, snarling at nothing as I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. I popped a coffee capsule into the machine and slid a mug underneath it, and leaned against the counter as I waited for it. I obviously wasn't going to sleep tonight with the way my wolf was acting so I might as well drink something that'll give me a boost. It finished with a ding, and I grabbed the steaming mug. It smelled bitter, but I didn't care as I waited for it to cool off before taking a sip. I liked my coffee black, as I didn't really care for sweet things anymore.

I walked over to the sliding glass doors that lead to the tiny balcony. There wasn't really a reason for me to go outside other than for some fresh air. My wolf, on the other hand, seemed elated at the idea of going outside. I rolled my eyes and tried to push him back, but he struggled against me until I just gave up. I sighed, stepping out and shutting the door behind me, leaning forward on the railing with the mug in my hand.

The cool air was a nice breather, the light breeze ruffling my long hair. There wasn't really anything to see, but I didn't care as I just stood there. I was happy for a brief second, until smelt something. Something that rocked me to my core, startling me as I dropped my coffee mug. I stumbled back slightly and hit the door.

No, no, no, this couldn't be happening. Not again. My thoughts raced as my hands shakily pulled open the door and slammed it shut, locking it, once I was inside. I quickly stumbled through the living room and kitchen to my front door and locked that too, before racing back to my room, falling to my knees and reaching blindly under my bed for a suitcase. My thoughts were clouded with things as I hastily threw things in my suitcase.

My Mate was here. He knew where I was, and that was not good.

------

Matias POV

I watched him as he leaned against the railing. He was still so small, his hair longer than it was the last time I saw him, and from what I could tell in the dark it was still a dirty blonde shade. He held something in his hands, and it was probably coffee. But this late in the night?

He looked peaceful for a moment before he stood up quickly and the cup in his hands tumbled to the ground and shattered. I stood straight as his eyes widened in fear and confusion. He knows we're here. Shit. He stumbled back, quickly going back inside as I stepped out from the alleyway. I could hear the click from the door locking from here, and snarled as I started to walk towards the building. A hand on my arm stopped me though, and the man was looking at me with knowing eyes. He spoke for the first time that night then, his voice low and smooth.

"I'll take you back to the packhouse and have people stake out here in case he tries to leave. He probably will, and you will be notified when he does, and where he is going." I turned back and looked at the building, all I really wanted to do was barge in there and take him away, but I knew I couldn't do that. With difficulty, I turned back to the man and nodded. He smiled softly as he leads me away, and I let him. My wolf howled at me to turn back around and get to our mate, but I ignored him as I walked away. As much as it pained me to do so.

...

I slept, but not very well. My mind was still racing from seeing my mate, and I was up with the sun when I got the news that he was on the move. The men trailing him couldn't touch him or make him aware of their presence, it would be easier to get to him if he didn't know people were following him.

I was in a car and on my way to the private airport that held my jet when I heard that he was on a plane to Australia, why the Hell he chose there though beats me. I boarded the plane quickly and we were ready to take off within half an hour, thankfully. My leg bounced the whole ride again, anger and want building up in me. Anger that he was running again, yet not caring because I would get him either way. He would be mine in the end.

My plane would land before his, and I would be waiting when he stepped off. Maybe not at the airport, but I would know where he was going, and he wasn't getting away again.

------

Daemon POV

I boarded the first plane to Australia the next morning. One way, no layovers. It was the earliest flight I could get, and I couldn't stay here anymore. I was up minutes before the sun rose and out the door, taking a taxi to the airport. I only felt safe when I was on the plane and in the air, flying away from where my mate still was. My wolf was whining and howling in my head again, giving me a headache in the process. He finally shut up about halfway through the ride, sulking in the back of my mind. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, sighing. How the Hell had he found me? He won't find me again, right? Right?!

I didn't want to have to run forever. And I know it seemed childish to be running in the first place, but I didn't have a choice. I couldn't have a mate. I wasn't good enough. Especially for someone like him. He was beautiful, practically a God, molded by the Moon Goddess herself. He was the Alpha of one of the Strongest packs in the US. Someone as pathetic as me couldn't be his mate. He needed a strong she-wolf, someone to bare his pups and take care of him. Not someone who is broken and beaten like me.

I blocked out my thoughts the rest of the ride, only opening my eyes again when we were close to landing. It was dark out again and I didn't really care about what the time difference was. I just had to be away from him. As much as my body and wolf begged for me to be near him, to be held by him, and to feel his body, I couldn't. My mind knew better than to get attached. So maybe this time he wouldn't find me. Maybe this time he'd go back to his pack, forget about me, and mate with someone who was worthy of him even if it was at my expense. Because if I was sure about one thing, it was that he was better off without me.