I love this man so much, I need him to make another appearance in the story asap

Y/n's pov

"What was that?" coach asks. "What were you doing out there?"

"Come on coach, don't worry about it," Hoshi says. "We won so it's fine right?"

"Yeah coach, it's all good," I say. "That was pretty cool right?"

"Hoshi why didn't you set the ball?" she asks.

"Y/n asked if she could," she shrugs. "So I let her, it was the last point and I trusted Y/n."

Yeah, that's right, people actually trust me with things.

"Yeah coach, I just needed to do a setter dump," I say. "Or else I'd have to dump someone."

"No more of that," she says. "That dump was the slopiest I've seen."

"But I got the point," I say. "So it's fine right?"

"No it's not, the only reason you got the point was because they didn't expect you to pull off a risky move like that," she says.

Yeah, that's like the whole point.

"Well I have to do one every match until we win," I say. "I promise I'll do good."

"You better not mess up," she says. "And you better practice those, no more sloppiness."

"I promise no more sloppiness," I say. "But I have to go watch a match now, it's really urgent."

"You were watching matches all morning," she says. "What more do you need to watch, we should be studying our opponents."

"In the morning I watched Fukurodani and Nekoma at the same time," I say. "Then I had to watch Itachiyama, so now I gotta go and watch Karasuno."

"How many boyfriends do you even have?" Kaori asks.

"Chile, I have brothers," I say. "Now I gotta go and watch my boyfriend. Even though he said and I quote 'Don't come and watch my match, you're embarrassing' which basically translates to 'please don't miss the whole match, I actually want you to come because I love you so much and I want to give you a big hug'... okay maybe that's pushing it a bit but you get it."

"Just go," she shakes her head. "Try to pick up some plays while you watch it."

"I will," I say.

I won't I'm just gonna be sitting there on the verge of tears because if Karasuno losses against Inarizaki, then I lose.

-

"What did I miss Yachi?" I ask as I take a seat beside her.

"We won the first set, Inarazaki took the second and now we're on the third," she says.

"Fuck me sideways," I mutter. "I'm gonna jump off the building."

"Why?" she asks.

"Because it's my mental illness," I say. "No other reason totally didn't make up some bet with piss hair down there."

"What kind of bet did you make?" she asks.

"I didn't make one," I say. "Are you deaf?"

"I won't tell anyone if you tell me," she says. "I promise."

It's Yachi, I can tell her, it's fine.

"If they lose right now, I'm breaking up with Kei," I say. "And I'm gonna date Mr. Berry b."

"What!?" she practically yells.

"Shhh, you're gonna blow my cover," I say. "You can't tell Kei."

"Why would you do that?" she asks. "He really likes you, he always talks about you and shows pictures- wait don't tell Tsukishima I told you that."

"Damm Yachi," I shake my head. "You're really gonna break down Kei's salty exterior. But I bet all the photos of me he shows are ugly."

"Well..." she pauses. "Oh wow look at that set Kageyama made."

Nice save Yachi.

"But don't worry, I won't be breaking up with Kei," I say. "The only other person who would want to spend the rest of their life with me is one who is getting pressured by my mother. So it's good Kei tolerates me."

"Good," she says. "So do you think they'll win this match?"

"Well if they don't then my mental health is sure to plummet," I say. "So I sure hope they do."

So for anything that happens after the Inarizaki matches I won't give out the details. So I won't write in who wins nationals, so if you haven't read the manga you'll be able to read the story without spoilers. And if there will be any I'll try to add in a note beforehand.

-Crouton