𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

The library is as quiet as a library can get. It can be blamed on the fact that in libraries there is supposed to be silence but also on the fact that there was only one person in the library this morning. A girl of eighteen sits by a table with an open book laid in front of her. Her delicate fingers tracing over the dots on the pages which would seem random to most others yet not to her. By those dots on the paper she is able to read and understand the words of braille which is the system that people who are like her, sightless.

The girl; Amelia has never been bothered about being unable to see but still would wish to be able to see the beautiful wonders that the world has to offer. While she reads a bright smile sits gracefully on her face as the book seems to be fascinating and does greatly interest her. The Saturday morning is slowly turning into mid-day with the rising sun that comes up with glee and warm during this day in June. Warmth from the rays is spread through all that they are able to touch.

Summer was greeting them with a smile, and while Amelia was unable to see it, she could enjoy it as much as anyone. Though her idea of summer is not going out and get drunk by the pool or beach bur rather stay in the library and read. There were not many books that had braille but there were some and given that she did work at the library, she had access to them and was allowed to read them at any given time that she wanted. The library itself has not yet opened as it doesn't open until after noon which gave her plenty of time to read.

The hours pass by quicker than she would have wanted as her phone begins to buzz on the table. Nearly giving the girl a heart attack while doing so as she had been far too lost in the book, despite having read it four times before. One of her hand moves from the book towards the phone that she had laid near the book. Once she has found it she presses the bottom that's turns off the alarm clock that she had put on before to bring her back from the state that she was in, knowing very well how much of a trance she would be finding herself in.

Closing the book after she had put the bookmark in on the page that she was on, she bends down and feels the air until she has touched her backpack that is against the leg of the table. Putting her book as well as her phone down into the backpack she finds the zipper and closes it. Standing up from the chair she had been sitting in, Amelia finders her cane that she had put on the table itself. Using her cane she finds herself making it over to the front entrance of the library.

Her hand finds the door knob and twists it and opens the door. Entering into the shining sun she finds the warm air around her is like a friend that hugs her with happiness. Closing the door she reaches and takes her key from her pocket. She feels for the keyhole before inserting the key in and twisting it until her hearing is able to hear the faintest click. Taking the key out she puts it back into her pocket before she turns around and begins walking.

Using her cane she gets around walks the street. Her other senses she uses as well such as her hearing. To know whether or not a person or a car is nearby. Her scent she also uses to figure out which part of the town she has found herself in. Amelia walks down the same street until she hits the end of it where she is met with crossroads. She does not go any further for on the corner is her destination. The town's only coffee shop which is packed with people despite it being a Saturday, but like she does, other people do work on Saturdays

Walking into the coffee shop Amelia tries to get around, but the people are blocking her way, and she is unable to see where she is going nor where everyone is. Taking a deep breath she uses her cane as much as she can without annoying anyone. "Hey! Watch it!" A voice in front of her speaks which makes her freeze. The very thing that she was afraid of happening did happen. People don't tend to show much respect to those who are unable to see and Amelia has felt that since birth.

Making it over to the counter she waits for her turn. "Lia, why did you not tell me you were coming? I would have prepared for your usual, you want the usual, right?" A man behind the counter speaks. His voice catching her attention, and she turns to face him with a bright smile on her face, not as bright as the sun itself but bright enough to know the happiness she feels to see him. "It was sort of a sudden thought, but yes please, I would like the usual, thank you, Leo" She speaks to him, the smile never leaving her face.

Leo chuckles as he puts her order in. "All right, anything else?" He asks her and she gently shakes her head. "No, thank you" She speaks, and he laughs. "I will hand it to you in just a minute" He tells her, and she nods. Amelia goes to the side a bit where she knows the waiting area is. Chatter all around her, she can hear as she patiently waits for some minutes. "All right, here it is" Leo says as he takes her hand and hands her a bag with her order. "Did you add an extra muffin?" She asks him as she raises an eyebrow at him.

Leo chuckles as he helps her past the people as he would always do when he was with her. "Maybe... you can't return it, it's on the house. Besides, you deserve it" He says to her. While Amelia can't see it, the hints of red in his cheek is visible, and he only knows of it. Amelia lets out a sigh. "Fine, but I don't want to get any special treatment" She reminds him, which she has done over and over again, never truly realizing the feelings that he might have for her.

She gives him a knowing look which makes him laugh. "No promises" He says with a smile on his face. "I have to go back now, are you sure you will be able to make your way back on your own?" He asks her worried that she might get lost on her way or something might happen to her. Amelia lets out a giggle. "I found my way here, didn't I? Anyway, you should head back, I know you have a lot to do, and I don't want to be late either" She speaks. Leo rolls his eyes.

The two of them say their goodbyes before Leo goes back into the coffee shop while Amelia heads on her way back to the library for her work day is soon to begin. Unknown to the two of them that a pair of yellowish eyes had been watching them from afar. The pure anger shining through them like never before as he glares at the boy that stood next to the girl. The girl that has him intrigued, and he watches her walk away with his heart beating faster inside his chest and only one word running through his mind; MATE!