c h a p t e r o n e

c h a p t e r   o n e
~~~
If you do what you've always done you will get what you've always gotten
~~~

Alondra couldn't help the ball of nerves that ran a frenzy through her veins. She was nervous. It was her first serious gig, especially with a very famous person in it.

Danilo Antunes. One of the youngest yet most talented and respected men into the acting industry. She looked up to him especially since she wanted to join the acting industry. Something she had dreams of since she could count to a hundred.

She smiled briefly and fluffed the ends of her black afro hair as she passed in front of a window that reflected her image. She was dressed in a baby pink bucket hat. She wore a knock off white shein lace bralette crop top which she covered over a matching baby pink knitted sweater with white pants and white sneakers. She put too much effort into her outfit.

Two cabs and half an hour later she finally arrived at the set. It was huge with different locations and people everywhere. Her eyes widened at the large sum of people. Obviously lots of people would be here, it's the opportunity of a lifetime and the pay is great. Swallowing her last bit of nervousness she walked in, clutching her purse as her eyes scanned every inch of the set. It really was magnificent.

"Hi," her train of thoughts were cut short as a tall black haired girl with dark skin much like her's bumped into her "You must be an extra."

"Yes," she nodded frantically "I'm lost"

The black haired girl laughed.

"I'm Addy," she grinned "Future director but for now I ran around with Edward Miller."

"I'm Alondra", she paused to think "Future actress, I hope."

"Let me take you around the set," Addy  suggested.

"I don't want to waste your time-" Alondra rambled.

"You won't be wasting my time," Addy immediately shook her head "Although I do apologise beforehand for my boss's behaviour. He's really cool off set."

Alondra said nothing and followed Addy who practically ran around the huge set, pointing at things and bumping into people. She surely was a big ball of energy.

"Settle down everyone" a big voice boomed making her flinch.

"That's my boss," Addy sighed as his eyes landed on her "Edward Miller."

She quickly scurried to him and handed him the clipboard that she had been clinging onto since they met.

"I'm Edward Miller and this is my assistant, Adele Sanchez," he said with a straight face. "Your job shouldn't be too hard and you will get paid for it, but one slip up and you're gone."

Fear danced in her eyes as she stared at the large man.

"Some of you will have a few lines in the movie," he explained "But only if you earn it."

"Danilo should be here any minute," Addy or more formally Adele said.

"As soon as he arrives all silliness should be thrown out the window," Edward warned "I assume you read the emails containing your scripts that were sent to you by Miss Sanchez."

"Read and memorize it," Alondra mumbled to herself.

Some things were a lot easier with her photographic memory.

Suddenly his phone began buzzing loudly. He quickly excused himself and Addy  ran to her.

"I'm sure that's Danilo, be careful he tolerates no nonsense," she explained, making Alondra groan.