fullmoon

Sienna Bones.

My internal body clock woke me up earlier than usual, driving me out of bed, making me want to walk around outside barefoot. Feeling the freshly cut grass entwine between my toes.

Watching the sunrise was always very different to watching the sunset. It was more awakening, felt like the birth of a new day, you could watch life blossom as each individual ray of sun hit each inch of the earth happily. Even with the trees in the way, I always would choose to watch it, it means that I got to watch the sun try and creep past each branch, each leaf, each bird telling them to wake up and start their day.

There it was. The first chirp from a bird. A young one probably, just beautiful. Sincere almost.

My eyes dart over to the peacefully sleeping man as he breathes heavily and lets his pale blonde hair fall over his face. He had got more tired recently, so I let him rest for as long as he needed.

Leaning off the wall, I slip into some socks and put on his pyjama bottoms that were on the floor over my pants. I already had one of his tops on. Moving on to the door, I open it slowly, not trying to make a sound and head down the dark hallway.

I walked past sleeping portraits of past relatives some woke up and muttered slur words at me, as I walked down the cold marble stairs and headed for the kitchen. My stomach made a loud rumbling noise, I froze at the bottom of the stairs and held on stomach and cringed at the noise. Staying still for a few second to hear if anyone was coming I slowly carried on and reached the large neat kitchen.

It was colder in the morning, the kitchen I mean. It always felt somewhat homey, usually, someone was always in it or something was cooking. But when you're here when the sun has just come up, everyone's asleep and no one is cooking or talking it just all very, lovely.

As my bare feet touch the cold floor, I cringe at the temperature and wobbled over to the sink to pour myself a glass of water.

I stare out the window at the green garden that leads to large hedges and paths. The gardens scared me, I had never been in them, I heard about the waterfall at the back that you could climb and sit at the top with a view of the forest around the Manor. Honestly, I wanted to explore them, maybe get lost and find a new way back.

Placing the cup back on the counter I turn around and wonder the bottom floor, it was large, with big corridors and large rooms. More portraits were up, most of them were the Malfoy men of the family, never girls. But then I saw some on Narcissa's side including, Bellatrix and some distant Rosier relatives. I reach a large door and look back to see if anyone was coming. All clear. I press down the handle and feel it unlock.

It was a dark room, with a green desk lamp lit but empty.

After stepping in, I leave the door open slightly so I don't have to hear a crack of it closing. Walking towards the book filled walls, I run my fingers along with each spin, reading them as I end up at the desk. Looking around the top of the desk, that was neatly laid out with quills, some books and writing mat.

My eyes dart up to the wall behind the desk, that had a family painted portrait of Lucius, Narcissa and Draco. Lucius was sitting in the same large black armchair like the one behind the desk with Draco and Narcissa standing either side of him. Draco looked younger then he is now, a lot younger, maybe about 15/16. Narcissa looked healthier than she now, not that she looked healthy in the portrait but it seemed like she was getting ill. I look away towards the large, empty fireplace that had antiques on it.

The room wasn't pleasant, it was dark, unwelcoming and lonely.

But I just wanted to look around it more, study what was it, give me something to do. A small creak from the door emerged making me spin around quickly to see Draco standing at the looking at me angrily.