Chapter 18: Christmas

Sofia

Christmas Day

Stretching my arms up, I rolled in the large bed feeling a little dizzy.

"Ow, my head".

Opening up my eyes, I looked up to see my princess light and frowned. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and looked around wondering what day or time it was.

Jumping up, I pulled open my curtains and smiled at all the snow on the ground. As I giggled at the snowmen someone made outside my window, I hurried over the duvet and blankets and picked up my flower calendar.

"It's Christmas!".

I jumped off my bed and did a little dance ready to see what Santa delivered. I once caught daddy putting presents under the tree. But when I asked him why, he said Santa was running late and he was helping him. He must have been telling the truth.

"Oh".

I stopped dancing when I remembered that daddy wouldn't be here. And mummy had also disappeared.

"Santa. It might be late, but I don't want any presents this year. I just want mummy and daddy back. I promise I'll be on my best behaviour. You can even take all my toys for other children. I just want my family. Thank you".

Holding my grumbling tummy, I rushed over to my wardrobe and put on my fluffy light pink dressing gown.

"Where's Oreo?" I mumbled looking back at my bed. He always cuddles with me when I sleep.

Looking under the bed, I frowned wondering where he could be. I wanted to put him in his Christmas outfit.

"Maybe he's having breakfast".

Slipping my cold feet into my slippers, I tided up my bed and made sure that all my cuddly toys were sitting comfortably before walking over to the door.

As I opened the door, I slowly looked round hoping to see someone. But it was quiet.

"Hello?" I called out nervously.

"Where is everyone?".

Quietly shutting my door, I walked through the hallway in daddy's country house wondering if I was dreaming.

"Wow!".

I don't remember all these Christmas decorations. I wonder who put these up. I wish I could have helped. Maybe Sandra can help me make some Christmas cookies.

Feeling a little worried, I walked over to the lounge and slowly pushed the door open.

"MUMMY!!!".

Santa heard me.

"Oh, baby" she whispered with her arms open.

Running over to mummy, I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder.

She was sitting in a chair by the warm fire covered in blankets.

"You came back. I knew you would" I mumbled into her woolly jumper.

Mummy stroked my hair and pressed kisses all over me making me laugh.

"I'm sorry for scaring you baby. I would never ever leave you. Merry Christmas beautiful".

I looked up at mummy to see her crying. Why was she crying? Mummy suddenly looked up at the door and cried even more.

Before I could look around, I heard a voice that I always heard in my dreams.

"Merry Christmas my beautiful girl".

Spinning around, there he was. My daddy. My superhero daddy with the biggest smile on his face.