Paradise

Year 854

"Four years we wasted squabbling around over a peninsula's sovereignty. And our three main battle Titans were nearly shredded by the enemy fleet. "Humanity ingenuity surpasses and shatters Marley's Armor at last." Hm," The general says, smacking down newspapers on the table. 

"The press from other nations is commending the Mid-East forces. Does this sound like a victory for Marley for you? Magath, care to comment?" General asks as Magath sits up straighter. 

"General, I'm afraid the time has come. That is, humanity has eclipsed the Power of the Titans," Magath says as he stands up. 

"While we've been relying heavily on Titans and colonial expansion, other nations have been developing weapons to counter us. As a result, our strategy has come back to bite us in the ass. For the time being, our Titans remain unrivaled when it comes to land battles. However, if aircraft keeps advancing at this rate, bombs will fall like rain. All while Titans, the devil of the earth, can do nothing but look up and watch," Magath says as we all look up into the sky from the hole in the roof, watching birds fly by. 

"Do we have any Titans with wings?" General asks with a straight face, resting his head in one hand. 

"General, I'm trying to say that the era of Titans-" Magath starts to say as general huffs. 

"I know...In the near future, we will lose our initiative in war- no, perhaps we already have. Though once the heroes who crushed the Eldian devils, look at what we've become," General says as Zeke raises his hand. 

"If I may general, permission to give counsel?" Zeke asks as the general sighs. 

"Zeke, the wonderboy. Go ahead," General says as Zeke stands up. 

"We should resume the Paradise Island Operation and recover the Founding Titan. As Commander Magath was saying, Marley needs to develop better weapons. However, the world will not stand by and wait. Our military needs time to complete restructure. But for that, the newspapers of the world must read this, "Marley Occupies Paradise and Wields the Power of the Titans."," Zeke says as the general looks up to him and thinks. 

"You have one year left in your term, correct?" General says as I look back to Colt. 

"Yes, and I'm worried that Colt can't inherit the full power of the Beast Titan," Zeke says as Colt looks over with a disappointed face. 

"I see...In your last year, you wish to redeem yourself for your defeat four years ago?" General asks as he looks over to me. 

"What about you, (y/n)? It's been three years since you cooperated with Marley. Do you wish to go back? Or perhaps, do you miss anyone?" General asks as I look down and sigh. 

"I-" Zeke puts his hand in front of my face to stop me from answering. 

"The sick exploits of Grisha Yeager should be brought to an end...By none other than me...His former son," Zeke says as general squints at me. 

---------------------------------------------

*SPARK*

"Sorry I bashed you further into my agenda, Colt. And sorry (y/n) for stopping you," Zeke says as he takes a puff from his cigarette. 

"Don't be, you were amazing," Colt says as we walk up the steps. 

"Why'd you stop me from answering?" I ask Zeke as he weaves through hanging clothing. 

"It was a test. General wanted to see if you were really loyal to Marley. But, that was a trick question. If you were to have answered no, he would've been through your lie. If you would have answered yes, he would have punished you for not being loyal to Marley as you said you were," Zeke says as I furrow my eyebrows while Coly looks out to the harbor.