fourteen

A week later...

Evie's view:

I stepped inside of the small diner where I'm supposed to meet Parker for lunch. I ended up having to reschedule our plans because I had some extra work to get done.

It was only a small walk from the hospital so he was already here. Sitting down in a booth looking at the menu.

"Hey!" I said walking up to the booth and sitting down in front of him.

"Hey gorgeous" he chuckled setting the menu down. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Just super hungry" I said smiling grabbing my own menu. Everything sounded so good and I hadn't had greasy food in forever.

"Well pick whatever you like, it's my treat" Parker winked making me blush a little.

I ended up ordering myself a huge plate of fries along with a milkshake that I told Parker we could share.

"So what have you been up to lately?" He asked sipping on his water.

"Mmm, mostly work. Nothing too exciting" I shrugged a little.

It was true though. Ever since being basically rejected by Valentina and getting into a fight days later. I had stuck to the same boring routine of waking up, working from 8 to 3 and then coming home.

Repeat.

I hadn't really seen her since our fight because now Abby, her maid would pick them up from school.

"Well it's a good thing I got you to come out today then" Parker chuckled. "But my life is usually about the same, routine wise. New patients but same stuff. It can get old after a while"

I nodded agreeing just as our food arrived.

We talked through our lunch as Parker told me some horror and hilarious stories about the department he works in. I got to know him a bit better, like how he just recently turned 30. He lives with his daughter plus a dog named Max and is obsessed with movies.

I giggled sipping on the straw to the milkshake we shared as he drank from the other side.

"We probably look like teenagers" I laughed wiping the corners of my mouth with a napkin.

Parker rolled his eyes playfully making me swoon at his looks and jawline. He really was a good looking guy.

"Shit.." he muttered looking down at his watch. "I'm running late and need to get back" Parker took out his wallet and placed some bills onto the table.

"Oh okay. Well thank you so much for lunch, it was nice to catch up a little" I smiled standing up with him and walking out to the parking lot.

"Same here Evie. Maybe we can do something this weekend? I'm off so you could come over or I could plan something for us to do" Parker said stopping by my car.

"Yeah I'd like that.. I'll text you?" I replied blushing slightly. Parker grinned and stepped closer to me tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"I can't wait then. See you later Evie.." he leaned down kissing my cheek. Making my blush turn a darker color.

I awkwardly waved goodbye as Parker left to his own car. I groaned inwardly and rolled my eyes opening my car door and sitting down.

Everything I did around him was so awkward and weird. I never knew how to act just like I didn't when I was with Valentina at times.

My hand stopped at trying to start the car as her name stayed in my head.

Though I was royally pissed at her, I missed Valentina. I missed her smirks, her eyes, her accent, that rare smile she'd show when looking at the girls.