Chapter 7

•Rogue's P.O.V.•

I open the door slowly, but it creeks and Mr. Jones stands in front of me as I lock the door behind me.

"Where were-"

I cut him off, "With Alpha Killian."

He looks confused, "Why?"

I shrug and walk past him, "Ask him yourself."

I head upstairs but I come to a hault by the call of my name, "Rogue."

I don't turn around but answer, "Yes?"

I hear Mr. Jones exhale, "Happy Birthday."

I feel a small smile surfacing but I shrug it off, "Umm, thanks."

I head to my room and fall into a deep sleep, after not worrying about taking off my jacket.

(The next day)

I wake up by my door slamming open.

"Get up!"

I look towards the door, spotting Jazelle, "What the hell do you want?"

She looks stressed, "We're summoned to the pack house."

I raise an eyebrow and look at her puzzled, "Did I hear you correctly?"

She huffs, "Yes, now get your ass up!"

I grunt and slid out of bed.

I look at her with a bored expression, "You can leave."

She comes back to planet earth and heads out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I scan through my closet and grab a pair of grey sweatpants and a grey hoodie. I put my hair into a ponytail and head to go brush my teeth.

I walk downstairs and see everyone waiting outside.

Mr. Jones locks the door after I leave the house and I turn towards him, "Why are we going to the pack house?"

He shrugs but looks stressed, "I'm unsure."

I nod and walk through the woods, towards the pack house.

There's no one in sight and my thoughts fill with confusion.

Mr. Jones answers as if he read my mind, "They're already inside."

I reply with a nod and follow him towards the doors.

He knocks and immediately the doors open. The guards nod and gestures for us to follow.

We enter the main room and all chatter silences.

Alpha Killian steps forward, "I'm sure you're all confused about why I called you here, especially the outcasts."

Everyone nods and Alpha Killian continues, "I have recently received the opportunity to form an alliance with The Blood Crest pack's Alpha. The whole pack will be coming here, in order to attend the Mate Hunt. The Alpha's son, Rider Black, will be attending the hunt. He is in search of his mate and he will stop at nothing to get her. I suggest everyone clean up and get ready, they'll be here in 6 hours."

My mind drifts back to the mention of Rider Black. He's the wolf who's name is used in scary stories around the campfire. We complete our first shift at the age of 16, but Rider shifted at the age of 5. We have absolutely no idea as to why he shifted so early. Rumours have it that he's part wolf, part something uncontrollably dark. He started killing at the early age of 7 and has grown into the monster we all know as Rider Black. It's told that he's cruel, heartless, merciless and has the temper of a thousand erupting volcanoes. Nobody dares to cross paths with him because you might just catch him on a bad day and end up with your neck snapped. He kills without a thought and finds pleasure in his kills. His poor mate will surely be a...

"Slut."

Everyone's eyes dart to me.

Did I just say that out loud?

Oops.

"What was that, mutt?"

I meet Alpha Killian's eyes, "I just stated the fact that Rider's mate will be a slut."

Every girl glares daggers at me.

"You will do well to bite your tongue when it comes to, Rider Black!"

I scoff, "For what? It's true and you know it. Rider can't keep that thing in his pants, even if his pathetic life depended on it."

Alpha Killian steps forward and gets in my face, "Perhaps I should ban you from attending tonight's Mate Bond."

I fall on my knees and plead, "Please do!"

Alpha Killian is taken by surprise, "On second thought, I'd much rather prefer seeing you suffer."

I roll my eyes and get back on my feet, "The day I suffer, will be the day I no longer have you to torment."

He growls, "You speak to your Alpha with respect!"

I scoff again, "What Alpha? You? Don't flatter yourself, you stopped being my Alpha a long time ago."

Everyone gasps and I smirk.

That causes Alpha Killian to fume, "Get her out of my sight!"

The guards grab both my arms and throw me out of the house, sending me falling, face first into the mud.

I remove my face from the mud, still unable to open my eyes, "Talk about gentlemen."

I get up and wipe my eyes clean. I spot the water well and clean my face. I ignore my reflection and continue removing the mud from my face and hair.

After cleaning the worst of the mud, I head back home, suddenly in the mood for archery.