chapter twenty-eight

When I woke up in the morning, I felt stinging sensation in my eyes.

Tommy, Toby, and I played minecraft until midnight. We made it all the way to this fortress in the nether. Very scary. Would not recommend traveling there.

Both Tommy and Toby protected me, which was greatly appreciated since I could barely protect myself.

While we were playing i was humming "thats what I like" by Bruno Mars unknowingly. It happens whenever I'm tired.

"Cam, you know not of the power that the song you're humming contains," Toby said smiling.

"Well, it did go number one over in America," I replied, trying to find Toby and Tommy to give them both a flower.

"Tubbo, don't you dare show her that video. I forbid it," Tommy yelled, probably waking up the entire household, but he didn't seem to care.

Quickly Toby pulled up an old video of Tommy lip syncing to the words of the song. His head turning in various directions.

Tommy burried his head in his hands. And even without his face visible, I could tell that it was red with embarrassment.

"Toby start the video over. Let's do the head motions together," I said a smile of pure happiness glistening across my face.

Toby restarted the video and we both synched our movements.

"Jump in the Cadillac, girl let's put some miles on it, anything you want, just to out a smile on it, cause you deserve it baby you deserve it all."

We belted out the song, which in all honesty sounded horrible.

"Will you two just shut up? I've been tormented enough," Tommy muttered closing down the tab.

"Oh Tomathy, you know you love the attention," I said giggling like a child.

He just rolled his eyes.

After the Cadillac incident, I went to bed shortly after.

This only happened because Toby's mother came in scolding both of the boys for being so loud.

Our trio just looked at each other, trying to look innocent enough that she would let us out of punishment.

Luckily she did.

We all went to our separate rooms and tried to fall asleep.  Well, I think I tried to. Through the walls, I could hear Tommy and Toby talking.

I pushed the pillow over my ears, trying to block out the noises.

Eventually I fell asleep after what felt like many hours.

I grabbed my clothing that had just gone through the wash and walked over to the bathroom, deciding that it would be smart to take a shower to stay clean.

The hot water streamed down my body, which cleansed my skin from all the toxins.

It felt amazing to be clean again, I brushed through my wet mess of hair, detangling all of the snarls.

I brushed my teeth even though I hadn't eaten anything, I just wanted them to be clean.

I didn't bother putting any makeup on either, I wasn't even planning to go anywhere.

I walked sluggishly back into my room and plopped down on my bed, wishing that I sound fall back asleep.

When I looked at the clock, it was already eleven thirty. Although it was a Saturday, I still thought that the rest of the family would be up.

I turned on my playlist and opened up my notebook.

I hadn't written in the book for such a long time. I'm sure that my handwriting was much worse than it was back then.

I looked back through the beaten up pages, seeing all the memories I had stored up in the pages.

Many of the days were conversations between Bailey and Emily about the stupid boys in our school that we liked. But I never participated because I knew that none of those boys were worth my time.

Because I knew I already met someone who meant more than the world to me.

And I knew that it was silly to believe in such love, but it was such a hard feeling to ignore.

I figured that I should right something down, because what could hurt me if I didn't?

I wrote about last evening and all the terrible jokes that were made. A full page was filled with the emotions I had felt when Toby went looking for me.

I wrote about the fight that I had with my father, which I still had not resolved.

And finally, I wrote about how I missed my mother. And how I would never forget her.

Word Count~ 748