12

Louis felt nervous when they pulled up to the bonfire. He felt this because he knew no one. Harry knew people but didn't talk to them. He hoped that the two girls Diane mentioned yesterday talks to them. It would make him feel so much better about the situation.

When they get out of truck Louis rounds over to Harry and interlocked their fingers. Harry shoves his other hand into his pocket and keeps his head down as they walk towards the blazing flame. The moon reflects off the water of the lake, it's pretty and calming.

He sees about a dozen people surrounding the bonfire sitting on logs. Music is coming from a small speaker sitting by someone's feet. A poppy song coming from it. There are a few people mingling at the edge of the tree line, the smell of marijuana tells him what they're doing. As they almost reach the fire he hears a loud screech.

"Harry!" A small, blonde girl stumbles on the log she was sitting on, pushing a person out of the way to get to the two boys.

"Hey Sadie," Harry greets her with a small smile.

"Oh my god!" She wraps her arms around him. Louis isn't jealous, he's not. "I'm so happy you came!" She hiccups. He can smell the alcohol on her from here.

"Yeah, uh, me and my bo-uh, me and Louis wanted to come hang out for a bit.." he explains.

Wow. Nice. He's just 'Louis' right now.

"Hi, I'm Louis" he smiles tightly and sticks out his free hand that's not holding Harry's hand and shakes hers. She scoffs and pulls him into a sloppy hug.

"A friend of Harry's is a friend of mine! Cmon, Zoey will want to see you!" Sadie slurs she grabs Louis hand and drags them towards the small group of people.

"Oh, Zoey!" Sadie sings, "look who it is!"

A girl with reddish-orange hair turns and meets Louis eyes first, then she looks to Harry. She gasps. "Look who decided to show up"

"Hey Zoe" Harry says with a small wave.

"Can you believe it? Harry actually coming to one of these things?" Sadie says in mock surprise.

"Yeah, what's it been?" She looks up to think, "10 years?" Zoey teases. She then eyes Louis again. He sweats under her stare.

Harry reaches up and scratches the back of his neck, "yeah I guess I just don't have the time..?" He excuses.

"Who's this? Your boyfriend?" She smiles wide at him. Harry squeezes Louis hand in his. He's sweating.

"Y-yeah, this is Louis" he introduces them. She twitches her freckled nose and eyes him.

"He doesn't seem like... your type" Zoey snorts.

"Sure he is!" Sadie says wrapping an arm around Louis shoulders. "Look how pretty he is!" She squeezes Louis cheek. Sadie then perks up. "Do you want a drink? I got shots!" She sing songs digging into her bag.

Louis could use a whole pint.

"Here Harry, drink this!" Sadie says handing Harry a can. He takes it and looks at Louis. Louis shrugs and gives him a look that says go for it.

"I did say we would get drunk together.." Louis says.

Harry smiles letting go of Louis' hand and opens the can. Sadie laughs excitedly. "Louis let's do shots" she says pulling out a quart of vodka and orange juice.

"I love shots" he replies to the bubbly girl, smiling.

"We'll get along great" Sadie smirks. She quickly opens the cap of the bottle, lifts it tilting her head back and then grabs the orange juice taking a huge swig of that as well.