Chapter Twelve

(A/N: I lied last chapter. This isn't that short. But, I did post two chapters in a day! XD)

(Loki's Pov)

'That insolent, clumsy mortal! She dare dump water on a god?' Loki thought, as he dried himself off. 'Such a puny, insufferable, pathetic-'

Thump, Thump, Thump. Someone pounded on the door. Loki was quickly shaken from his thoughts, and went to answer it. 

"Brother! I thought you might be here." Thor said from the doorway. Why was he always so loud?

"Go away oaf."

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened earlier. May I come in?"

"You can explain out here. That is, if there is any more explanation than a clumsy mortal."

Thor sighed, but started his explanation. "She has been cursed. That much is plain. Bad luck is summoned around her, although none has caused any harm, yet. I ask that you give her a second chance brother."

Loki had to use all of his willpower to bite back a snarl. Second chance? Give a mortal a second chance? A- midgardian?

"Fine. I will give Lady Y/N one more chance. Are you happy?"

"Very. Although I do ask if you would dry me off as well?"

Loki rolled his eyes, and shut the door in Thor's face. He could still hear his chuckle as he stomped down the hall. He returned his attention to the bookshelf. What to read tonight?

*

Hours of reading later, he finally decided enough was enough. Loki set his book down, heading to his bed. At least, until a strong throbbing made him lose his balance. He moved to sit on the bed before he completely fell over. But then it happened again, except ten times stronger. He felt himself fight and lose to unconciousness.

*

He was standing in an open field, with nothing around him for miles. Except for the girl. She was tiny, frail, and sobbing her heart out on her knees. 

Why was she sad? Had she lost someone?  He sat next to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. She instantly tensed, turning to him, and looked up. She looked familiar. Somehow, she knew him as well, for she started crying onto his shoulder.

"What's wrong little one?" He asked without hesitation. It was simply automatic.

"They're dead." Her voice was a whisper, barely audible.

"Who is?"

"Everyone. I killed them all." He looked up and glanced around at the barren grassland. Or, that's what it was before. Now they were surrounded by thousands of bodies. Millions of tombstones as far as the eye could see. He looked back at the child in his arms, but she was gone.

He blinked, and now stood in front of six identical memorials.

The Avengers.

He peeled his eyes away, as someone tugged on his sleeve, and he saw that girl again. But her face was no longer one of sadness. It was replaced by a devilish smirk.

She gestured for him to come closer. He did, and she leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"You're next."

He blinked again, and could suddenly see himself on the floor. Dead, just like the rest. He turned to the girl, but she couldn't see him. She was on the ground crying again, as someone else came up to her, in the same manner he had. They were wearing a red material, that seemed to have an emblem of a spider.