Chapter 30

Anakin was walking down the senate halls on his way to the Chancellor's office. He had arranged to meet with him yet again to discuss his 'answer,' AKA gather evidence and potentially make an arrest. Because it may be an arrest, Obi-Wan waited elsewhere in the senate building to not draw suspicion but be there if the arrest went down. 

Ahsoka waited in Anakin and Saasha's quarters as that was most likely where Palpatine would go to get Saasha if he managed to escape Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Saasha was hidden in the temple archives. There were Jedi around her, but they were told to act normally to avoid suspicion.

Anakin knocked on the door that led into the Chancellor's office. He heard no reply from the other side of the door, so he knocked again. No reply. He was certain that the Chancellor told him to meet at this time. He couldn't sense a presence, which worried him, but he slowly creaked open the door anyway. He stepped in. No one was there.

"Chancellor?" Anakin called. He wasn't there. He immediately pressed his comm and called Obi-Wan as he began to run to their quarters where he was most likely headed. The plan was already going wrong.

"Obi-Wan! The Chancellor isn't in his office, head to our quarters!" Anakin said into the comm as he broke into a sprint down the senate halls.

"Meet me at the landing platform," he replied, nervousness just as evident in his voice as his own.

Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and him were all on the same comm channel, so hopefully, Ahsoka got the message.

"Ahsoka-" he started.

"I heard. I'm in position in your quarters," she replied before he could continue.

"We'll be there soon," he said and hung up the call. He raced to their speeder on the landing platform as fast as he could. He felt his palms getting sweaty from nervousness.

When he got to the platform, he hopped in the speeder, and Obi-Wan appeared out of the building shortly after. He hopped in, and Anakin took off as soon as he was seated.

Now, Anakin was a bit of a reckless driver/flyer to begin with, so to say that he was breaking a couple of laws was understating things. Usually, Obi-Wan would nag him on it, but he knew better than to do that now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahsoka could feel that something wasn't right. Sure, none of this was right, but the force was trying to tell her something.

She could sense that Palpatine wasn't coming towards her, and her stomach dropped to her feet when she sensed a dark force signature near the archives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saasha could sense him. He was here.

How did he find me?!

She was hidden in many of the book aisles to try to blend in, but if Palpatine could figure out she was in the archives, he would be able to find out where she was IN the archives.

She suddenly heard lightsabers ignite and clash, followed by cries. Saasha immediately pinched her eyes shut as the sounds filled the air. She felt an overwhelming amount of guilt flood her, as she was the reason those Jedi were killed.

She saw the red glow from lightsabers reflect on the wall, and they were growing closer to her every second.

She gulped before grabbing her own lightsaber from her side. She wouldn't ignite it until Palpatine physically saw her; otherwise, it would give her location away even more. She couldn't run because Palpatine would easily catch her.

Before the Sith approached, she removed her arm from the sling. Other than being stiff and a bit sore, it was pretty much fine, which still baffled her. But now was not the time to focus on that. She had to focus on defence because who knows when help will arrive.

As much as Saasha likes feeling the adrenaline course through her veins during a fight, she knew her boundaries and what she was capable of, and fighting Sideous by herself was far outside her boundaries.

She was at the opposite end of the aisle when she saw two crimson blades peek out from behind the end of the bookshelf. Her heart was thumping rapidly against her ribcage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

😂

Was I the only kid who thought this squirrel in Ice Age was annoying? Idk why but he just always aggravated me😂