Part Of The Deal

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"There's bound to be a ghost at the back of your closetNo matter where you liveThere'll all ways be a few things, maybe several thingsThat you're gonna find really difficult to forgive"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"There's bound to be a ghost at the back of your closet
No matter where you live
There'll all ways be a few things,
maybe several things
That you're gonna find really difficult to forgive"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the morning after we'd arrived at Bill and Fleur's.

I was in the kitchen cooking whilst Bill was at work and Fleur was on a walk with Luna.

Ron, Hermione, Harry and Fred were all sat at the table playing a game of muggle cards which Hermione was winning at judging by the boys defeated groans.

I hadn't seen Remus yet and assumed that he was hiding from me in the library upstairs.

I was peeling potatoes in the sink, looking out the window at the scenic beach with an apron tied round my waist.

For a moment, when I was stood there I forgot about the war and all the people we'd lost and everything we'd all been through; everything faded away and it felt like the future.

In the sense that I wanted something like this: a little house with Fred-and George of course-somewhere quiet and peaceful, where Molly and the rest of the Weasley's could come round for Christmases and Dinner, where everyone could come to feel safe. I wanted to hear people say things like 'shall we go round to Fred n Nezz's?'.

It was a strange aching that I didn't know I had in me.

"You're cheating!" Ron puffed, slapping his cards down on the table.

"I'm not cheating Ronald, it's called intelligence!" Hermione giggled cheekily.

I smiled fondly at them before looking back out at the window and humming to myself. It was a song Remus used to sing to me when I was little and I hadn't sung or heard it in years now-it brought me a comfort.

"I was trying to be quiet" I sang quietly to myself, "I heard someone call my name" continued to sing, getting a little louder as I was completely lost in the memory of Remus tickling me in bed whilst belting the country tune.

"Just before the lamps were lighted" another voice joined in from the doorway into the kitchen.

I jerked my head to look at the voice and saw it belonged to Remus.

He stood with a reminiscent smile on his face, tugging his scars up, his brown-honey hair was messy and grown out to be shoulder length-a lot longer than when he'd left. He wore a knitted jumper as always and his hands were tucked into his pockets.